PDA

View Full Version : Setting income multiplier in scenario

alexti
December 29th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Is there a command that allows to set income (and resource) multipliers in the scenario? I can't find one. Is there some other way to set those multipliers? In scenarios it seems to be impossible to do it even through UI.

PvK
December 29th, 2006, 04:47 PM
I don't see one, except in section 14 of the Mod manual, which is for mods. You could _try_ using those mod commands in the #scenario section, but I expect they wouldn't work. If it doesn't work to put them in the scenario section, maybe just make a mod and then put in the description that it's meant to be played with the mod enabled.

PvK

alexti
December 30th, 2006, 01:38 AM
Sorry, I wasn't clear about what I'm trying to set. I was talking about settings that appear in GUI menu when you start the game (income multiplier,resource multiplier,magic site frequency, research difficulty etc...). When you try to play scenario those options disappear and everything is set to default (except magic site frequency that can be specified in the map file).

PvK
December 30th, 2006, 05:18 AM
Yes, I figured that's what you meant. I think you're right that it should either let you set those, or it should be possible to set them in the scenario. I was trying to write that I think it looks to me like it probably isn't possible without using mod commands to make a mod that is to be used with your scenario, which could have the same effects, but that I think it might be possible by sneaking the relevant mod commands into the #scenario block. It also might be possible by using server flags, and so another idea might be to make a script or shortcut which includes settings to automatically use the scenario and set those settings.

See the mod document, section 14, for #poppergold, #resourcemult, and #supplymult. I don't see even a mod command for the research setting, though.

PvK