PDA

View Full Version : New Files

Atraikius
August 6th, 2001, 12:59 PM
Finally finished my Orks, and a ship names file for IJN ships from 41-45

Atraikius
August 10th, 2001, 12:22 PM
Just caught that I forgot to change to settings for construction of ram ships after increasing thier size, which causes some problems if they switch in and out of defensive mode too often. The updated Construct Vehicle file is posted if anyones interested.

Rollo
August 10th, 2001, 12:57 PM
Hello Atraikius,
I looked at your Ork files, because I am also doing an AI that will capture planets (I guess you know this from another topic). One thing I have noticed is that you set the default strategy of the fleets to Capture Planets. This makes perfect sense of course, however, I have found that fleet strategies will be set to Capture Planets by the AI automaticly, if a troop transport is present. So it is not really necessary to set all fleets to Capture Plantes. Just wanted to let you know that, so you have some "extra freedom" in choosing strategies. Maybe that is useful information for you, if not, just ignore it http://www.shrapnelgames.com/ubb/images/icons/icon12.gif.

Rollo

Atraikius
August 10th, 2001, 03:29 PM
I had set the Fleet strategy to capture planets because while I was trying to get the AI to drop the troops, I was finding that unless the fleets strategy was Capture Planets, and the Capture Planet strategy had Drop Troops as the primary movement strategy, the entire fleet would just sit at the edge of the battle screen when attacking an undefended planet instead of moving in to drop the troops. All of that was done with the Last Version, so when it still worked I didn't make any changes, I guess I'll have to play around and see if I can go back to their original strategy with Version 1.41 now.