PDA

View Full Version : Amoeba scoop

Chris Steadman
February 11th, 2015, 01:21 PM
I can't get the Amoeba scoop to work. It's installed but when I bump the amoeba nothing happens. I suspect that this a problem to be solved (rather than a bug :D) but try as I might I cannot come up with a solution. Is there anyone kind enough to give me a clue please?

JimSB
February 11th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Ahah! I reported this earlier, but IBOL was unable to recreate it, but now that there are at least 2 of us, maybe we can find something in common about our installation.

JimSB
February 11th, 2015, 02:40 PM
I had trouble with the Plasma Lance too. It is supposed to be a melee weapon, but it did no damage. If you have that problem too, we may have the identical bug.

Chris Steadman
February 11th, 2015, 03:13 PM
Thanks Jim - I'll see if I can pick up a plasma lance and report back.

ibol
February 11th, 2015, 11:16 PM
I am looking at the code handling of these things now.

For anyone who wants to test it for themselves, I will try to make it easy:
code for plasma lance, 2/11/15 :
QzNwVB6U
Amoeba Scoop 2/11/15:
a2A*CFOQ
(that's the capital letter "O")

Plasma Lance 2/12/15:
42pD946X
Amoeba Scoop 2/12/15:
6h^wc9Oa

(it's already 10pm EST, so you might need tomorrow's code , depending on where you are)

OMG, I just had a thought:
do you guys have unidentified artifacts?
It is possible that an artifact has an 'amoeba scoop cancellation' effect... I know it sounds crazy, but I'm pretty sure it's possible.

Chris Steadman
February 12th, 2015, 07:27 AM
OMG, I just had a thought:
do you guys have unidentified artifacts?
It is possible that an artifact has an 'amoeba scoop cancellation' effect... I know it sounds crazy, but I'm pretty sure it's possible.

I do; when I am next at play I will sell it and try the scoop again. Probably this evening.

ATB

Chris

JimSB
February 12th, 2015, 11:17 AM
All my artifacts are identified. I am now testing 1.0.1 and haven't gotten to the point of using an Amoeba scoop yet. I will use the codes to get the PL and AS and ty them.

JimSB
February 12th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Argh, it only allows 1 code/day. I have the PL, I will try to lab or do the Vordelene quests for the AS.

JimSB
February 12th, 2015, 12:24 PM
PL still broken. Haven't found AS yet

Chris Steadman
February 12th, 2015, 01:05 PM
OK - ditching the unidentified artifact doesn't change things. AScoop still doesn't work.

Plasma Lance - I've installed it, in place of the Amoeba Scoop. When I right click on an adjacent target - I tried a Gruf Ship and an Amoeba - nothing happens.

With both installed at the same time the situation doesn't change.

JimSB
February 12th, 2015, 07:04 PM
Those are my symptoms. The PL is supposed to be a space melee weapon, which I assume means that if you move into a target, you should inflict damage. Although I have not confirmed it yet with 1.0.1, I suspect that the AS will not work either. I have been having these problems since I first installed the game and got to the point of needing an Amoeba Scoop. I found the PL problem later. As this problem persisted for me through various playtest versions of the game, I think that it may reside in files that were NOT replaced by installation of different versions (configuration files for the weapons, perhaps?!). Just a thought.

ibol
February 13th, 2015, 09:12 AM
ok, hi, um, fundamental differences?
I use the numpad and it works (keyboard movement).
I use the mouse, and it does not.

How are you moving?

JimSB
February 13th, 2015, 09:33 AM
Mouse.
I will try this.

JimSB
February 13th, 2015, 09:37 AM
Aha!!! The Plasma Lance worked with the number pad. As soon as I get one, I will try the Amoeba Scoop.

ibol
February 13th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Hi Chris and Jim,
I did some things:
1. I confirmed that both work with number pad
2. I confirmed that neither one works with the mouse
3. I made some changes
4. I confirmed that my changes worked
5. GOOD JOB ALL OF US!

It was Chris who mentioned "right clicking"... never occurred to me... FIXED!

Chris Steadman
February 13th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Excellent problem solving Bob. I shall try scooping up some amoebas with the number pad this evening.

JimSB
February 13th, 2015, 12:54 PM
I just sucked down some amoebas with the scoop I got from the Vordelene (yum). That one took some time to track down, but we found it!!

ibol
February 13th, 2015, 11:46 PM
seriously...what a ridiculous thing to hold us back for so long. I was using the keyboard, you were using the mouse. Good patience on your part. Bad design on my part.

Soon, my friends, 1.1.0 !