.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   SEIV (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Stellar manipulation and spatial ruptures? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=43697)

Ages July 31st, 2009 08:15 PM

Stellar manipulation and spatial ruptures?

Sup, finally gave in and purchased SeIV after playing the addicting demo :S

So.... I have ran into an annoying system with a spatial rupture that causes my ships to move two spaces in a random direction.... is there a stellar manipulation that I can use to transform this sector into something benign or perhaps even useful?

Appreciate the help!

-- Ages

Captain Kwok July 31st, 2009 08:58 PM

Re: Stellar manipulation and spatial ruptures?

No, you can't remove a spatial rupture.

Ages July 31st, 2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Kwok (Post 703902)
No, you can't remove a spatial rupture.

Thanks.

I just started creating warp points. I don't know why it never occurred to me that I could simply warp around it and destroy points to it. Still, it would be nice to recycle that system.

Do any types of stellar manipulation create ruptures like that, or other non salvageable systems?

Best Regards,

-- Ages

Ages August 1st, 2009 12:45 AM

Couple quick questions I cant find answers to:

1Can I create a star in a system with a nebula or do I have to remove it first?

2Do I need anything to create a star in a system besides the component?

3What is the limit on number of stars/can I create more then one star in a system?

Thanks again :)

-- Ages

dumbluck August 1st, 2009 12:47 PM

1. yes, the nebula must be destroyed before you can create the star.
2. I don't think so.
3. I don't know.

Welcome to the game! you should try some of the mods, too. I like CB a lot, and I hear the Adamant is good, although I've never tried it. Proportions makes for a long game, but it has a following, as well. I haven't given the Skywalker mod a try yet, either, but it sounds promising. I know there are some I'm forgetting to mention.
OH! TDM. it's an AI only mod, keeping the stock tech files. You should prolly start there in your journey of exploration. :cool:

Xrati August 2nd, 2009 11:07 AM

IIRC only one star to a system. Otherwise you can build sphereworlds all over the place. BUT as we all know, those are reserved for trinary systems... :D

Artaud August 3rd, 2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dumbluck (Post 703948)
... you should try some of the mods, too. I like CB a lot, and I hear the Adamant is good, although I've never tried it...

Try also the Dark Nova mod, Devnull mod, and of course Atrocities' incredible Star Trek mod.

Ages August 8th, 2009 11:14 PM

Awesome, thanks for the tips!

I have one more question...

How do I auto launch satellites so that I may repeat build and not click myself until my mouse breaks? :p

-- Ages

Alikiwi December 31st, 2009 05:52 PM

So late reply, but the answer is set 'Repeat Orders' It must be loaded with sates, but unable to reach the place in one move you want them launched. Then you will be able to set repeat orders and it will continue to load and launch :-)

Urendi Maleldil December 31st, 2009 06:26 PM

To get rid of the spacial rupture, you might try creating a star in that system and then blowing it up. That might work.