.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Space Empires: IV & V (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   OT: Moron Sues Over Roof Jumping (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=23015)

Fyron March 7th, 2005 05:48 AM

OT: Moron Sues Over Roof Jumping

This is what happens when you circumvent natural selection:

http://www.local6.com/money/4239256/detail.html

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/image...s/rolleyes.gif

narf poit chez BOOM March 7th, 2005 06:24 AM

Re: OT: Moron Sues Over Roof Jumping

I just gotta wonder how long till we see 'Warning: Made to kill' on the side of a gun.

Aiken March 7th, 2005 06:28 AM

Why not skyscrapers?? Much more thrill.

Raging Deadstar March 7th, 2005 07:31 AM

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/eek.gif

This just has to be a hoax...

That kid is an honourable mention for the Darwin Awards right now.

Atrocities March 7th, 2005 08:52 AM

Watch, some day some jerk will sue Malfador because he played SEIV and then went out and glassed an entire planet. "The game made me do it." Its never about personal responsibility any more.

Believe it or not, but at least once every year some idiot thinks up the brillant plan of sneaking into someones house by going down the chiminy. After hours and hours of rescue work they are freed and then later sue the home owner over the ordeal. It happens each year up hear without fail. I ask you how is it that these fools have survived this long without circoming to a trajic and violent accidental death? Easy, warning lables. "Do not use in shower." "My be sliper when wet," etc.

We just really need a natural event that collectively removes the stupid people from our society.

The one big question I have is, why do women find these morons more appealling than I? Is it because they are uber retards - beef cakes, or is it because they have such low standards that idots who make the Darwin Awards seem smart to them? Whatever it is, it needs to be stopped.

Atrocities March 7th, 2005 08:54 AM

OMG! 293 people actually think that its the Garages fault and that the garage should be held responsible. Well I guess we know of 293 people who should never be allowed out into public again. (No offense, but they are all most likely trial injury lawyers.)

Choice Votes Percentage of 11600 Votes
The Garages Are Responsible 293 3%
Garage Jumpers Are Responsible 11307 97%

NullAshton March 7th, 2005 09:30 AM

Some of this stuff is funny http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

DeadZone March 7th, 2005 11:17 AM

Quote:

"I don't think we recognized it before as a danger," Vennero said.

No, of course not, its not like jumping across roofs which are over 80feet in the air is a danger now is it?

I agree with AT about the natural event comment

NullAshton March 7th, 2005 11:22 AM

Someone got a million dollars off of McDonald's for phyisical and emotional pain when the coffee burnt their tounge. People do some really stupid things... Coffee is supposed to be hot!

Strategia_In_Ultima March 7th, 2005 11:33 AM

Perhaps we should send one third of our population out into a space-ark and tell them they're the second of three arks with alphabetical indicators. And then let's set the ark's systems to be locked into a direct course for the planet surface, so they crash.

I mean, what harm could they possibly do.....?

Imperious_Leader March 7th, 2005 11:42 AM

She actually spilled the coffee over her private area.She was driving away with it squeezed between her legs trying to open it up,makes her even stupider.At the time I was managing a fast food joint I vividly remember testing the temp of our coffee and adjusting the temp down so one of the local retards wouldn't try to do the same thing just so they could sue us.I hate cold coffee....I never drank it at work again.

We actually were sued by another woman who's child was injured in our play area. The whole thing is covered in thick padding her little brat got a good long run right into one of the sides of the da*ed thing.Split his forehead open .Wanted 10,000.00 incase he ever needed plastic surgery. We won ,but only because we could prove that she had been reading the newspaper while he ran around the dinning room and then into the side of the play area. What if he had run into one of our walls instead....would she have argued that we shouldn't have had walls everywhere ....just made me sick.

Strategia_In_Ultima March 7th, 2005 11:46 AM

That's the one-thirds of the global population I mean.

Just send them away in an ark ship. Tell them it's the second of three, I've said this just a moment ago - the B-Ark.

NullAshton March 7th, 2005 11:51 AM

Lets place all these people who do these stupid things on that ark. Once that ark crashes into that planet, the average IQ of the universe will probally go up about 20 points.

Intimidator March 7th, 2005 12:02 PM

Quote:

NullAshton said:
Someone got a million dollars off of McDonald's for phyisical and emotional pain when the coffee burnt their tounge. People do some really stupid things... Coffee is supposed to be hot!

Sorry guys, have to go...............drinking some coffee at mc's ............... oh S**T I life in Holland,
Over here when somebody drives you over with an truck on purpose, you may be happy when at least your clothes are being paid back!!!!!!!!!

Strategia_In_Ultima March 7th, 2005 12:13 PM

NA, I gather you have not read the second part of the HHGTTG series, "The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe"?

That ark - the "B-Ark" was on it's way from a planet called Golgafrincham with one useless third of their population (though there were only fifteen million people on that ship - kinda makes you wonder doesn't it) and set to crash-land on a planet somewhere.

They eventually did.

They crash landed in Africa about two million years ago and went on to become the major life form on this bloody planet.

NullAshton March 7th, 2005 12:20 PM

Wouldn't that mess up us, the supercomputer?

Strategia_In_Ultima March 7th, 2005 12:54 PM

The African proto-human natives were dying out at the time. The Golgafrinchans weren't part of the supercomputer, but I believe that over time we became a part of the computation, or at least partially. This is evidenced by Arthur Dent's creating part of the Question on the planet with self-made Scrabble tiles he was using to try to teach the natives language. Also, before Arthur and Ford got stuck on the Ark, Marvin said he saw the Question printed in Arthur's brainwave pattern.

NullAshton March 7th, 2005 12:56 PM

Oookay...

Strategia_In_Ultima March 7th, 2005 02:09 PM

Read TRATEOTU, it's explained in detail there - right down to the Captain's wishing they found a soap mine.

NullAshton March 7th, 2005 02:39 PM

Only read the first one. Why would the missles turn into a humpback whale and a potted plant O.o

Caduceus March 7th, 2005 03:56 PM

Quote:

NullAshton said:

Interesting case, the woman in question got coffee that was 180 degrees Farenheit from a McDonalds, which spilled in her lap while driving and gave her 3rd degree burns. Now of course one should not be driving, but the thought is why would you give someone coffee THAT hot?

Strategia_In_Ultima March 7th, 2005 03:57 PM

Erm..... Infinite Improbability Drive, perhaps? I mean, it COULD happen..... the chances are simply astronomically tiny. But it COULD happen.

DeadZone March 7th, 2005 04:23 PM

Over here, if she done that, she would of been fined for being distracted at the wheel, which I'd agree with

Atrocities March 7th, 2005 05:21 PM

Quote:

NullAshton said:

This just proves that even smart people sometimes don't have all the facts. You should research this story more and when you do you will find that this lady was hurt through the neglect of McDonalds and deserved every cent she got.

Slick March 7th, 2005 09:18 PM

I agree that people should take the time to read the facts. Another McFact is that her case was successfully appealed by McD and her settlement was lowered to less than $500K.

Imperious_Leader March 7th, 2005 09:38 PM

I'm sorry if you take a cup of coffee that says on it caution contents are hot , stick it between your legs and try to take the lid off as you drive you are 100% at fault not 20 % as the jury found.When this all happened the coffee we served was 170F the coffee from McDonalds was 180F we lowered ours to 130F if you were drinking it right then and there that would be fine but if you are taking it somewhere to drink...as she should have been 130F would be luke warm by the time you got there.
If you sit at home and drink yourself into a stupor then decide to go for a little drive wreck your car and lose both your legs do you then sue the company that brews your favorite beer?Come on surely the company that brews your beer knows that if you drink enough of their product you and possibly others are going to get hurt.Thus they should begin to make nothing but non alcholic beer at once.I could honestly find more reason to hold your beer company at fault than McDonalds because your favorite beer is guaranteed to make you act stupid.
It isn't that I feel no sympathy for the woman who burned herself but , it's time that people stop blaming everyone else for their problems or mistakes.She should have been charged with failing to properly control her vehicle because if she was fiddiling with her coffee lid she wasn't giving her full attention to driving.
Oh I almost forgot about all the cell phone companies we know that their product is causing accidents everyday , guess it's time for someone to sue them too.

Fyron March 7th, 2005 11:20 PM

In that case, the McDonald's lawyers blatantly harrassed the woman in court. McDonald's deserved to lose money over the issue for that alone, irregardless of who was "at fault" for the hot coffee. Also, I am fairly certain that the woman was in a parked car in the passenger seat, not driving, when it occured. It really is a terrible example of excessive litigous suits...

Here is a web site you should read:

http://www.centerjd.org/free/mythbus..._mcdonalds.htm

Imperious_Leader March 8th, 2005 12:28 AM

Thanks for the link Imperator.....I stand corrected she was not driving and the car was parked.I checked your link then googled the lawsuit.All the sites I ckecked seem to agree.That said I still don't consider sticking a hot cup of coffee between your legs and poping the lid off to be very bright,though I will admit to having done it[not while driving] , however if I had spilled it on my ....well you know my first thought ...after I stopped screaming would be wow that was really stupid of me not I going to blame someone else for my being stupid.Anyway I feel for her but she still don't deserve a cent .

Atrocities March 8th, 2005 12:33 AM

The facts vary, but the linked to sight should be considered the best source for info.

EDITED: No point in reposting the info that the site Fyron linked to did so well.

I challenge any one of you to face the same situation and then NOT sue for pain and sufforing, medical, and emotional distress.

luke_slovakian March 8th, 2005 01:10 AM

Ok first how is it 180 degrees? boiling is 100 degrees....oh wait farenhite:-d dumb us temp and their "americain" talk and the ganster talking like, "hey foo, move fool, foo" US US what are we ever turning into

Imperious_Leader March 8th, 2005 01:43 AM

Sorry AT on this we'll have to agree to disagree . I simply can not see how anyone myself included can stick a hot cup of coffee between their legs open it up and not accept responsibility for the risk they are taking.After all it is really a question of degree [pardon the pun]do you have a reasonable degree of expectation of not burning your self by taking the lid off the coffee?Answer no.Coffee is hot if she had spilled coffee that was only 120F would she have been burned? answer yes.So did she have a reasonable expectation of not being burned? Answer no.The sevarity of the burn is not relavant.She had no reasonable expcation of not being burned so , in doing what she did she must accept responsibility for the risk.If the coffee had only been 120F and had only caused first degree burns instead of third degree burns would she still have had pain and suffering medical bills? What she did and I and probable most of you have done is not without risk , alot of things in life are not , but if we ignore the risk and do it anyway we shouldn't be rewarded for it.A few years ago someone talked me into going sky diving...Before my first jump I had to sign a ton of papers saying that if I got killed they couldn't be held responsible.I thought it was crazy how could any rational person jump out of a perfectly good airplane and not accept that there was risk involved but they had to cover themselves just incase someone got killed or injured one wouldn't want the greving family to claim that the deceased didn't understand that dropping from 10,000 Ft could cause signifigant injury would one?
As to your question about who wouldn't sue....in a society where no accepts responsibility for what they do but instead blame how they were raised or the violent games they play or the music that was on the raido their mother , father , God ,the devil,or whatever other crack pot excuse they can think up.....most would sue .

Fyron March 8th, 2005 02:00 AM

She did not sue them for spilling the coffee. She sued them because it was dangerously hot. There is a _huge_ distinction that you seem to be missing. Coffee that will cause 3rd degree burns in 2 to 7 seconds is way, way too hot to be serving at a fast food restaurant. McDonald's had been warned for 10 years that it was dangerously hot, and yet they chose to do nothing. McDonald's _had_ been negligent in this case, and they deserved to pay her medical bills. This was really all she was after...

Atrocities March 8th, 2005 02:13 AM

I agree that you should not be aloud to sue over your own supidity, however in this instance, it is a commonly known and often performed practice of people, especially people who drive cars. McDonalds new that this could happen and did nothing. Therefore they assumed the major portion of the risk.

In contrast, it is not socially accpetable, nor was it even conceivable that people would want to jump from parking garage to parking garage. In that case the garage is not at fault as they could not have concieved that any one would be so stupid.

Atrocities March 8th, 2005 02:15 AM

Quote:

Imperator Fyron said:
She did not sue them for spilling the coffee. She sued them because it was dangerously hot. There is a _huge_ distinction that you seem to be missing. Coffee that will cause 3rd degree burns in 2 to 7 seconds is way, way too hot to be serving at a fast food restaurant. McDonald's had been warned for 10 years that it was dangerously hot, and yet they chose to do nothing. McDonald's _had_ been negligent in this case, and they deserved to pay her medical bills. This was really all she was after...

Thank you Fyron. You explained it very well.

Now if she had dilibrately taken the top off and pured the coffee into her lap, knowing how hot it was, then yes I would have to say that she would have no case. And believe me people did that after this case was filed.

luke_slovakian March 8th, 2005 02:18 AM

ok the boiling point in farenheite is 212*, so if the coffee is 180 that makes it hot But not burning hot. Mcdonalds should of not been because it was her fault. I mean i will carry a starbucks drink on a roller coaster with me:p. So i spilled some on me darn darn now ill sue. It is really stupid. And the 180* is maybe 5* hotter than normal coffee

Atrocities March 8th, 2005 02:28 AM

Starbucks coffee is on average about 110 to 120. A hell of a lot less hot then hers. Luke read the link Fyron posted about this.

Joachim March 8th, 2005 02:31 AM

Quote:

Imperious_Leader said:
I thought it was crazy how could any rational person jump out of a perfectly good airplane and not accept that there was risk involved but they had to cover themselves just incase someone got killed or injured one wouldn't want the greving family to claim that the deceased didn't understand that dropping from 10,000 Ft could cause signifigant injury would one?

The fall is fine - stopping is the killer.... http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/wink.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/image...es/biggrin.gif

Sorry, had to inject some lame humour....

Imperious_Leader March 8th, 2005 03:33 AM

I hope that we're all argueing nicely and that no one is getting all bent out of shape over this , I'm new here so I don't know anyone well enought to know if I'm going to far with this.So for now I will asume that we're all adults here and can freely exchange opinions without any hurt feelings.

That said...Imperator I don't belive I'm missing your point at all , when I said that the sevarity of the burn was irelavant I belive that I was addressing the point you are trying to make.....that in your opinion the coffee was too hot 'dangerously hot' to quote you.So may I ask how hot is coffee allowed to be,obviously you and others belive it should be less than 180F how about 170 F 160F perhapes how many seconds to cause a burn is acceptable? Unless you are buying iced coffee it is reasonable to expect that coffee is going to be hot.How far do you go with this do you legslate how hot coffee is allowed to be?Many psycologists belive that playing violent computer games is harmful to our mental health if asked I'm sure they could produce studies which demonstrate the truth of that.Since we're all here I must conclude that you disagree with them and that if you someday glass your home town you won't sue MM for turning you into a mass murderer.I usually drink capichino which is so hot they double cup it so you won't burn your hand by the time I get to work it's just right if they started making it colder I wouldn't buy it.One of the sites I visited mentioned that in surveys people overwhelming said they wanted their coffee to be hot.At the time of the incident the woman in question had almost no public suport.

AT you raised an interesting point that McDonalds should have been aware of the common practice of people drinking coffee in their cars....to you I would submit that the people who drink McDonalds coffee would have been equaly aware that their coffee was very hot...the way it should bein regards to the case of the garage I'm not fimilar with the case Was it a child or an adult?If it was a child then I'm sure their lawyer will argue that they should have had an expectation that some child might be attracted to their roof....nonsense of course and if it was an adult I hope he had his helmet on and was carrying his sign.He absolutely deserved what he got:)IMO

Therein lies the problem opinions are like elbows everyone's got one.So again I ask at what temp do you legslate that coffee must be.....what is a safe temp?Shall we stop at coffee or do we move on to the rest of the menu....I've never burned myself with their coffee but I have burned myself on their apple turnovers that filling really is hot,oh but wait it says that right on the packaging dosen't it.How hot should a turnover be?

If the woman was a normal inteligent person she knew that coffee was hot if she had had Mc Donalds coffee before she knew it was very hot , she had absolutely no expectation of safty McDonalds was not negligent in the least.... SHE WAS.

Imperator you said that all she really wanted was money for her medical bills...and that may have been true in the begining but when she sued it certainly wasn't...in fact it wasn't even just for medical bills and legal fees but rather it was for 1 million.....I know your going to argue that if they had just paid her in the first place it would have been much less and in fact they had settled other similar frivolus claims out of court,my answer to that is that it was more than time enough to take a stand.We can't all go through life wearing a helmet to keep from hurting ourselves.

The legal standard should be what can we reasonably expect I submit that we can reasonably expect coffe to be hot and that if we dump it on ourselves we can reasonably expect it to burn everything else is nonsense.

On a diffrent note AT I love your mod haven't played the regular game since I started playing yours.I read in someones post that the federation is way too strong I must really be doing something wrong...photon torps suck I might aswell get out and chuck rocks at them.....and if I glass my home town it's all your fault.:)

Slick March 8th, 2005 03:48 AM

some approximate relative "hotness" scales for comparison:

the hottest shower or hot tub you have probably ever been in would be around 107 or so,

at around 140, you can briefly touch something but can't stay in contact without serious pain. significant contact can cause 1st degree burns. water at 140 will slightly steam at room temperature/pressure even though it is well below its boiling point

at 180, there is significant steaming, but no boiling yet. this will cause easily 1st or 2nd degree burns if liquid is spilled on the skin

at 212, water boils. this assumes 1 atmosphere of pressure; i.e. at sea level. water will boil at temps less than 212 at higher elevations. contact with boiling water obviously will lead to 2nd degree burns for minimal contact and 3rd degree burns for significant contact

at 1 atm of pressure, once water starts boiling, it will stay at 212 degrees no matter how much heat you put into it. adding heat to boiling water will just make it boil more violently. the steam comes off at 212 degrees as well. this is known as saturated boiling. the temperature of the container won't go over 212 until all the water boils away. There is a rare exception to this which is not normally encountered in everyday life, but you can actually get a pan/pot to exceed 212 if a large enough amount of heat is applied such that the entire surface becomes steam-blanketed. you can see this in small quantities when a drop of water "dances" on a hot griddle. you need at least several degrees above 212 before this will happen. what actually is happening is that the liquid water can't make contact with the griddle because the radiant heat is causing the bottom of the droplet to flash to steam with enough energy to keep the droplet suspended.

there are several stages of boiling water: subcooled nucleate boiling, saturated nucleate boiling, film boiling, and others, but let's not get into a lecture on heat transfer and phase transformation of water.

Atrocities March 8th, 2005 03:49 AM

Thanks Imperious_Leader http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif Tort reform is needed in this country yes. As for the mod, I am glad that your enjoying it. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif over 1500 downloads in four months is a testimate to its appeal. I just hope I can make it even better over the next few months.

luke_slovakian March 8th, 2005 03:54 AM

At starbucks coffee in my opinion is cool if not cold. Even the"hot" one. Anyways i'm out of this. This is old news:p

Fyron March 8th, 2005 04:07 AM

Yep, you missed the point. Here is an especially relevant quote:

Quote:

In refusing to grant a new trial in the case, Judge Robert Scott called McDonald's behavior “callous.” Moreover, “the day after the verdict, the news media documented that coffee at the McDonald's in Albuquerque [where Liebeck was burned] is now sold at 158 degrees. This will cause third-degree burns in about 60 seconds, rather than in two to seven seconds [so that], the margin of safety has been increased as a direct consequence of this verdict.” Id.

Hmm... third degree burns in 2 seconds, or third degree burns in 60. I don't see how you can make a case the McDonald's was not at fault for serving coffee that was way too hot. This is especially dangerous when a large portion of it gets sold to people in vehicles... Again, the case was _never_ about spilling coffee, or being stupid, or anything like that. It was about McDonald's serving coffee that was way too hot, hence very dangerous. It is exactly the same as if the toy included in a Happy Meal was a razor blade. It is unnecessarily dangerous. Lawsuits are often the only recourse that a consumer has against a corporation that is selling products that unnecessarily endanger people. Buying coffee should not be an extremely dangerous affair, yet it was at the 180 degree threshhold. At the new 158 degree level, spilling some of the coffee on yourself will only result in minor burns, rather than those that require hospitalization. Purchasing fast food should not result in hospitalization.

Where did legislation come into this? McDonald's voluntarily lowered the temperature of their coffee. There was no law passed or court mandate requiring them to do so.

Get a thermometer and measure the temperature of that coffee you buy. I bet it won't be close to 180 degrees...

Quote:

Imperator you said that all she really wanted was money for her medical bills...and that may have been true in the begining but when she sued it certainly wasn't...in fact it wasn't even just for medical bills and legal fees but rather it was for 1 million.....

Not true:

Quote:

Despite these extensive injuries, she offered to settle with McDonald’s for $20,000. However, McDonald’s refused to settle.

She did not want one million dollars, just $20,000 to cover her medical bills.

McDonald's was selling coffee many degrees hotter than other restaraunts, without informing them that it was extremely hot. Many people had been harmed as a result of this, yet McDonald's did nothing. Something had to happen, lest their negligence cause harm to more people.

Quote:

I know your going to argue that if they had just paid her in the first place it would have been much less and in fact they had settled other similar frivolus claims out of court

As stated above, legal action is all that consumers have to take against companies selling unnecessarily dangerous products. There was nothing frivolous about this lawsuit. McDonald's was negligent in their service, either in serving coffee that was far too hot in the first place or in failing to inform customers that it was as hot as it was.

Quote:

The legal standard should be what can we reasonably expect I submit that we can reasonably expect coffe to be hot and that if we dump it on ourselves we can reasonably expect it to burn everything else is nonsense.

Causing 3rd degree burns in 2 seconds is most assuredly not part of a resonable assumption that hot coffee is hot. It would be reasonable to expect minor burns and scalding, but not reasonable to expect hospitalization and skin therapy. There is a world of difference.

Once again, this case is not a valid example of a frivolous lawsuit. It was a perfectly legitimate, even necessary, lawsuit.

Imperious_Leader March 8th, 2005 04:14 AM

Thanks for the comparisons Slick ,at home I only drink instant coffee which means bringing water to a boil and pouring it....so my coffee at home is aprox 22 degrees hoter than McDonalds...hmmm can you sue your self http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/image...es/biggrin.gif

AT I know I said this at the other forum but I'll say it again here I really only bought the game because of your mod and I'm sure I'm not the only one....for the bussiness your bringing in you deserve at least a beta test seat without having to compeat for it....hope the powers that be see this.....ok it's now 3:10 am my time got to go to bed ....this is almost as addictive as the game....hay wait the game is addictive could I sue....Ok Ok I'll give it a rest....I love a good debate once in a while....wait a sec thats kind of addactive too Ok I'm going to need all your real names and addresses so my lawer can contact you all.

Fyron March 8th, 2005 04:17 AM

You could not drink any liquid at 212 degrees. Your body would violently try to expel it. At best, you would get 3rd degree burns in your mouth and throat...

narf poit chez BOOM March 8th, 2005 04:18 AM

There's a difference - You know how hot the coffee you make is.

luke_slovakian March 8th, 2005 04:21 AM

WOW i just of an idea that would make me a millionare....sell steam coffee no hot or boiling water. Just hotter steam that has the same taste and effects of water:p.

Phoenix-D March 8th, 2005 04:36 AM

Quote:

Imperious_Leader said:
Thanks for the comparisons Slick ,at home I only drink instant coffee which means bringing water to a boil and pouring it....so my coffee at home is aprox 22 degrees hoter than McDonalds...hmmm can you sue your self http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/image...es/biggrin.gif

Not when you drink it its not. Else you wouldn't have much of a TOUNGE left.

Third degree burns on the inside of your mouth = no taste buds, severely damaged teeth, and probably a tounge and gums that bleed on and off for the rest of your life.

The severity of the burn is relevent. Say I sell you a car. Now, normal cars are have 0-60 times measured in the seconds. This hot rod has a 0-60 time measured in *centiseconds*.

I don't bother telling you this, and when you test drive it the slightest touch sends the car slamming forward into a wall.

Sure, the car performs like a normal car, just much faster. However its STILL my fault because you had no reason to belive the damn thing would do that!

Same here. She public admitted that doing what she did with the cofee was stupid. However the fact that the coffee was that hot made it worse, in that she didn't have any time to fix the mistake and the damage was much worse than it should have been.

Imperious_Leader March 8th, 2005 04:37 AM

Ok I just can't get enough .....who needs sleep.

Imperator if your quote about McDonalds lowering their coffee'stemperature is from the same article you linked tgo then I belive that it said that this was just this one McDonalds and was still not the corperate position.

Forgive me but the temperature of their coffee and them giving rasor blades in their happy meals isn't even close to being the same thing there would be universal agreement that razor blades are dangerous there is not universal agreement that coffee should be 158 degrees or anyother number.

As for a reasonable expectation of first degree burns or scalding as aposed to third degree burns ....come on if she thought she was going to spill the coffee on her crotch she wouldn't have put it there.If she could prove that she had never had their coffee before I might be slightly swayed but what kind of warning do you need before you open it right against your crotch it already says on it caution hot or something to that effect WARNING DO NOT OPEN AGAINST YOUR CROTCH

All joking aside your actually a really good debater....you have swayed me .....well maybe just a little.Food for thought...no coffee please I'm giving it up.

Sivran March 8th, 2005 04:39 AM

The difference between 212 and 180 is also 32 http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

And all I have to say is this:
I agree with Fyron. Therefore, it must be true.

Imperious_Leader March 8th, 2005 04:42 AM

Phoenix-D I can see where your coming from....wow your all really good debaters I know when I'm licked.....if your all this good at debating I hate to see how good you all are at the game.....I'm doomed.