View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2004, 04:27 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Mod: Gollarn

I like the general feel of this mod, but can't offer much in the way of balance. SP-only experience is not enough, and when I play I just play. However, Watchers of the Depths seem very powerful. Remember, Atlantian Sea(or Deep?) Kings have Water 3, linked true random 2 and cost about the same as your Watchers of the Depths. Watchers have one more path of magic, and possibility of getting 3 or even 4 in any sorcery path. Pangaean Pani get E3N2?, and so have similar number of magics. However, you can easily get Watcher with E3 (Earth boots), N2 and ? + ? in sorcery...
You can also consider Mystics, who ahve S2 and ??? in elements. Your mages have E2 and ?2 ? ? in sorcery, and can be considered 140 gp more expensive Mystic that is guaranteed to get 2 in at least one path. The linked random also gives much better possibility of getting 3 in any sorcery magic.

I think the randoms are very powerful, but if you can strike balance between the cost and those paths, I would very much like to play with the Gollarn. That kind of diVersion is very different, because Mystics only have elemental magics... I presume they will be only available from the capitol. Maybe they should have high resource costs, or maybe they should be heroes.

And sorry, I can't do graphics any more than you! However, I would be interested to know what Gollarn look like. I think they are very small and slender, but are they dark or pale? Do they have hair? Are they clearly humanoids or closer in look to some animals?