.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old October 3rd, 2006, 11:06 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Anansi [1.00]

Quote:
okiN said:Needs more majicks.
Choose a magic. ANY magic! Any two, three four magics! Now THAT is a trickster!

But you're right, he's too expensive at the moment. Manticore is 0 points, and better. Wyrm is 50 points, and better. Scorpion King starts with Fire 1 Earth 1 and has better slots for battles. Perhaps starting cost 0, pathcost 30? Not quite the fighter a Manticore or Wyrm would be, but good paths?
Or perhaps level 1 or 2 in one or two paths that would fit the sacred Hunter Spiders. Machaka already has NF, ND, NE, FE, FB, even AE combinations. Hunter Spiders benefit from Nature (regen, berserk), Fire (att, flaming)... Perhaps Water? Anansi brought rain to douse fires, at least I think I read that somewhere. He would be the only Water pretender Machaka would have. Hmm.
Nature 1 Fire 1? Nature 2?

EDIT:

Version 1.00 ready. No banner yet. Details are further down on this page. The mod is attached to a post further down, here is an experimental link.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 451611-temp.jpg (66.7 KB, 865 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Endoperez For This Useful Post:
Old October 3rd, 2006, 11:43 AM

Sergeant

okiN is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anansi

Making him somewhat stronger than regular mages/spiders so he can survive some punishment but still won't be tough enough to make a proper thug. You could give him reasonable (But not very high) point cost and high path costs, but give him multiple paths. AWSN sounds like a good selection to me, since he's the bringer of rain (AW), maker of stars (S) and teacher of agriculture (N). Maybe AAWSN to stress the tricky nature of air magic. These would also be nice paths for Machaka since many aren't readily available to national mages.

Also, I wouldn't recommend naming the avatar "Anansi" - call it "Divine Spider" or something. This way Anansi would be the natural name choice, whereas "Spiderman the Anansi" sounds pretty lame.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 12:29 PM

I'm not calling him Anansi. He is God Spider. The human form is Black Sorcerer.

I'm currently in the process of trying to lower his magic paths. It can be done with the #copystats command, but vanishes with #clearspec. Dragon gives him Flying and wrong attacks, and Ainra the heroine would make God Spider animal and give wrong weapons.

EDITED to attach another picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 451650-temp.jpg (70.6 KB, 597 views)
Old October 3rd, 2006, 12:32 PM

Okay, that became quite a lot simpler. I searched the modding document for "path", and found:

7.48 #magicboost <path> <boost>
Gives a boost or reduction to the monsters magic ability
for one or all magic paths. The boost can be from -5 to 5
levels. See table 11 for path numbers (0-9) . Use number
53 as path to boost all paths at once.

Old October 3rd, 2006, 03:03 PM

I suffered a blackout, and lost an unposted but written message here, and bit of description in the mod. I've rewritten it.

Anansi mod currently adds a God Spider pretender to Machaka. It is modelled after Hunter Spider, but has better magic resistance and morale, and little more hitpoints (70 total). God Spider isn't sacred and doesn't have the animal tag. God Spider is stealthy (stealth +0).
God Spider can take the form of a Black Sorcerer. Its human form has Glamour and Stealth +0, and Stealth +25 in total. The human form is a spy and gets both more detailed reports in enemy provinces and the ability to instill unrest.

God Spider costs 30 points, starts with Water 1 and dominion 3. New paths cost 30 points. In God Spider form, all magic paths are lowered by one.

So... Stealthy thug-chassis, with cheaper paths than usual. Half the hitpoints of a Manticore, only one damaging attack, no Fear. No regeneration of the Wyrm. Protection 16, only three miscellanous slots as God Spider. Human form has all slots, of course.

Comments are welcome. Version 1.00 attached to this post inside a .zip archive, because the forum doesn't support .dm textfiles. No banner yet.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 451710-anansi.zip (1,005 Bytes, 853 views)
Old October 3rd, 2006, 03:06 PM

Lieutenant General

Nerfix is on a distinguished road

Sounds cool, I wish I could try it out. =)

"Boobs are OK. Just not for Nerfix [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Smile.gif[/img] ."
- Kristoffer O.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 03:13 PM

Added two pictures. The whole mod consists of one text file, about 120 lines but many of them very short. I added two new monsters without removing anything. This mod uses monsternumbers 2991 and 2992. The available ones are 2001 through 2998. 2000 and 2999 don't work, but I quess we can do with what we have.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 03:32 PM

General

NTJedi is on a distinguished road

Since his description has him listed as douser of all fires, creater of the first fire and son of the wife of the sky... I suggest adding 25 % fire resistance and 25% lightning resistance.
25% is a pretty small amount yet this would support the definition of the pretender.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 04:04 PM

Quote:
NTJedi said:

Since his description has him listed as douser of all fires, creater of the first fire and son of the wife of the sky... I suggest adding 25 % fire resistance and 25% lightning resistance.
25% is a pretty small amount yet this would support the definition of the pretender.
They are meaningless on purpose. "He is said to be the son of the wife of the sky" versus "It is known that God Spider is a great trickster, lier and storyteller." I'd love it if I could make all his pretender titles totally meaningless, and have him have few more just for the fun of it.

Also, I wrote "the son of the wife of the sky" instead of "son of the sky" on purpose. From Wikipedia:

"Asase Yaa is the earth goddess of fertility in the mythology of the Ashanti people of Ghana. She is the wife of Nyame the sky god. In Ashanti mythology she gave birth to two sons, Bia and Tano. However, in their folklore she is also the mother of Anansi the trickster god."

While his own article states him as the son of the sky god, the way Asase Yaa article gave me an impression that an even greater trickster had had his hands in the mess.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 04:36 PM

General

NTJedi is on a distinguished road

Providing him the 25% fire resistance simply provides a reason for the comment of "douser of all fires"... whether or not the title is true doesn't matter.

For example... I could create a human pretender after a relative and provide the title "greatest of all fighters", but it would also seem out of place if the strength and attack variables were as normal as any other human commander.