View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2005, 08:40 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ulm SP AAR- Swords Vs. Sorcery

Quote:
RedRover said:
On dominion, you do know that five Temples gives you a +1 (to a maximum of dominion 10).

However, it doesn't increase EVERYTHING:
Quote:

Kristoffer O
Colonel
Re: Dominion Spreading effects [Re: Huzurdaddi]
#329648 - Sun Feb 06 2005 11:45 AM

Checked the dominion spread: The chance of a temple generating a possible increase is dependent on the initial dominion of the god. The chances of an increase from the god himself or his prophet is dependent on number of temples though.

Thus the effectivity of temples are determined by the godly power of the pretender and the effectivity of the pretender is dependent on his number of adherents.

This applies to blood sacrifices as well. Make sure you have high dominion if you are Mictlan. Later temples will not have much effect apart from a higher max lvl.

The max dominion and the ability to lower enemy dominion is dependent on temple numbers.

So, temples won't affect dominions spreading, except for your pretender, prophet, and possibly Juggernauts. The maximum increases, as well as resistance to enemy dominion, but the speed of spreading doesn't.

EDITED another reply in here. It took a while to find that post!
Boltcutter
Quote:
I find that my real enemy in the later game is distraction. . . once the game gets really big, it requires more work for each turn, and more "where was I?" time for the first turn of the night. I renamed all my Smiths to composers, and that helps me find them. Any tips to help coordinating my spies would be appreciated.
Check the new turn after you have generated it. You don't actually have to do anything, indeed, it's better if you can stay from doing it. And if you find that you already made everything for that turn, at least don't host it. Then, when you return, you recall your plans (that you never completed as you left), or see what you were doing (if your Magic Resistance was low).

Also, doing fewer turns might help to remember your plans. During the thrice-a-week game of Dom:PPP (that lasted over turn 100!), checking the turn always set the wheels rolling, and I let the ideas to mature for a while. Never really tested it in a Single-player game, though. AI never gives such surprises as humans... and the best of all, you aren't afraid the AI will quess your plans even when its impossible. But, you know, a human just might quess that your rainbow pretender has to move through one uncastled province with only few bodyguards...