View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2006, 12:53 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Dominions IRC channel

A very short guide that probably isn't enough:

IRC, or Internet Relay Chat, is complicated business. You need many things, and all must work right. First, you need a client. There are many. mIRC is one. I don't know any others. Some browsers have clients embedded into them; at least Opera has this functionality. I didn't now this when I started using IRC.

You need to set up few things before you can connect. These include choosing a nick. Nick is a nickname, the name you use. I use Endoperez. Using the name you have here works. Your name might already be in use. Then you just have to choose another. Or add a ' after your name, like this Endoperez'.

To connect to #dominions channel, you must first find a proper server. On mIRC at least, once you know that you want to find a Gamesurge server ( irc.gamesurge.net), things are pretty simple. From a drop-down list, choose Gamesurge. If everything works, you are then asked what channel you want to go to. Type in #dominions and press enter. Then you should be on the channel, and see all kinds of strange discussion.