View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2009, 08:19 PM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Souls of Shiar, Shards of a dead world - a nation for dominions and dominions 3K

hmmm ok I liked the idea of converting new souls a(and it's not immortals you get anyway) but maybe it's too much.

I'll wait till some more feedback arrives and then implement everything at once.

I've also thought of a fun, nice, new and completely useless spell (well the spell as such isn't even new, the idea is)

I'm going to make a summon that summons the nations banner (that black star) as a creature, ethereal (so it pulses nicely) and make it be a holy spell (so a priest who has nothing better to do can cast it) called Omen, the start will be called Omen too.
It will have no attack, no stats worth mentioning whatso ever, and abou 10 HP. It will just have a description with something like "The Undead Priests of Shiar are now communicating with the souls of the dead in this province. Prepare to serve under the benign rulership of the souls of the wise of ages past."

Pure propaganda, like real warfare, completely useless in game, but might be fun in multiplayer, and it totally fits a priestly nation to try talking and diplomacy before actual warfare. I'm making it holy so it won't need a usefull mage to cast it (though all priests are mages so you'll loose some research to cast it anyway)
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.