.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old August 7th, 2008, 06:33 PM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road
Moderator Dominions 3000 v0.81 - lots of new indies, new map (using the brand new map commands)

"Dominions 3000" is a total conversion mod for Dominions 3. It is Dominions in space but still with a fantasy touch.

Nations:

1. Galactic Empire of Ulm (nation nr 75)
Ulm is loosely based upon Ulm in dominions 3 and the warhammer spacemarines.
Galactic Empire Ulm features:
-- Planet Guards (militia), Spacemarines in several different forms some of which based on/decendants of dominions 3 Ulmish nations, spacecraft
-- Several Leaders and Casters including a Huge Capitol Ship
-- Several unique summoning spells for this nation including the high level and probably overpowered weather control and atmosphere control droids.
-- a new pretender god (a bit like an improved sage really)
-- adjusted existing spells (those which alter ranged combat are made more expensive since there is more ranged combat so their effect can also be expected to be increased
-- Ulm has General Johnny Rico (made promotion)
-- Ulm has a Vampire Knight, leader for the Blood knight (no, no blood mage, it's just a title)

2. R'lyeh (77)
R'lyeh features:
-- void gate
-- Illithid mutant
-- our known and beloved mindblasters the Illithid
-- enslaved blue aliens, space trolls and pirates
-- An Illithid Mutant pretender
-- the powerfull, mindcontrolling, yet immobile Elder Brain for R'lyeh
-- the Illithid Nautiloid spaceship
-- The terrible control Space Eel spell
-- Control kraken spell

3. JOMON
- a nation not as technologic advanced as Ulm but with all sorts of magic weapons to make up for it
-- Mech battle suits with ice,fire or lightning weapons
-- the return of the Oni as sacred warriors
-- a ninja assassin
-- the return of the Dai-Oni..
-- The coming of the fearsome Oni-dragon

4. ORCS
- A nation lead by commanders which attract the always warlike troops who don't to be bought to fight.
-- Some technoloy
-- no scouts (nothing subtle in this race)
-- heavy guns and medium armor all around
-- units weaker in space
-- lots of even heavier weapon summons.

5. INSECTS
- Insectoids conquering the galaxy
-- Queens breed troops and summon other leaders.
-- Blood nation
-- lots of summons
-- no recruitable troops or commanders
-- weak in space
-- 3 insect races united for bug supremacy
-- weak ranged combat, strong melee

6. COMMONWEALTH
- based on Amos Commonwealth: Landfall nation
- Elders leading a humanoid race through the galaxy, preaching the LAW
-- A water/astral nation
-- icy weapons (now armorpiercing)
-- prefers cold 3
-- spaceforms more mobile (higher AP) than regular forms
-- has terraformers which spread your (cold) dominion

7. DRAGONS

- relatively weak recruitable mage power.
- strong recruitable commander chassis with some mage power.
- all mages have a strong (dragon) chassis so you are not able to buy a cheap researcher/mage, you always pay for the chassis even if you don't need it.
- Huge sizes. wyrmlings are size 3, then it only goes up. As is known from giant nations this in not an advantage.
- PD is weak, also due to the size problem and because dragons are just not the race with the nature to stay put and defend a province.
- the recruitment bar looks like a carnival since the different shapes the dragons can take all have very specific colors.
- The young adult dragons (commanders)
- the nation has A LOT of nation specific summons (the adult, elder and ancient dragons) all of which have magic and an increasingly powerfull physique. The nation does NOT lack for SC's.
- The summons are not all castable out of the box, there will have to be investments in magic boosting equipment or powering up mages.
- To balance this the casting and research requirements for summons are relatively low and most in one research arm (conjuration)
- The lack of certain equipment slots does limit the SC options
- This lack is rebalanced again in the oldest dragons with special powers.
- The summons give acces to a wide range of magic power (large magic diversity which reflects the magic in their blood.
- The nation has no recruitable sacred troops and only one (cap only and actually a relatively weak) sacred commander. This is because any sacred recruitable would probably make that troops the only recruited troop and the nation alway played as a bless nation. Now a bless will certainly help the sacred recruitables but then again those are powerfull already and early in game the scales might be needed, or a rainbow mage to sitesearch and more easily unlock the different summons might be a good idea for this nation. (my personal advice would be the latter.)
- I think the nation will have a hard time early on in a game but with their powerfull summons and decent magic diversity the end game might give a good end game.
- The nation has no regular heros but the 3 types of adult dragon (summons) can also appear as multihero's.

8. SHARDS OF SHIAR

- undead
- focus on dead magic and holy magic
- a few usefull holy spells (nation specific)
-- more powerfull demon killers
-- holy buffs
- all troops and commanders are souls of the dead, ethereal, blind, darkvision 100, cold res 100, siegebonus 1 (if you can move through walls you should have that), AN ghostly touch attacks of different calibers.
- no ranged weapons
- no protection
- immortal capital only troops (3 types, one sacred) and commanders (all priest/mages)
- high magic variety (all except blood) in non capitol mages (since those are souls of random mages) but low in power.
- FESD randoms on the capital only immortal mages (next to death and holy magic)

Description: "The people of Shiar had a long culture of ancestor worship next to the worship of their benign pretender, they had researched ways of easy communication with the souls of the dead, leaving the bodies resting. This benign death magic was widely practiced on Shiar and supervised by the clergy of their pretender to avoid evil use of necromancy. The world of Shiar was recently destroyed by demon invaders and their terrible pretender god. In the moment of destruction the pretender god of the Shiar, not strong enough to battle the demon pretender, tried to save his people by blessing them with eternal life using all his powers including his lifeforce. The demon pretender warped his spell and now the souls of the inhabitants of Shiar live on, undead. The spells also affected the dying pretender and he too was changed, now undead, and less benevolent. Shards of Shiar have fallen in a distant province and are now the centre of a new nation and religion. The new Shiar nation does not want to extriminate all life but want leadership of selected suitable undead souls over the unbalanced and often unthinking forms of life in the galaxy. They use their still powerfull death magic abilities in their old, but also in new ways."

"The Lord of Souls"
description : "The Shiar pretender used to be weak, but was willing to give everything including his own live for his followers. When he died giving his live with his greatest casting untill that moment, securing immortality for all Shiar souls he was still twarted by his demonic opponents spells. The backlash of those combined powerfull spells changed the pretender god of Shiar. He is now also an undead immortal and still wishes the best for the souls of his people. More powerfull now he intends to maximize the use of his immortality by helping his followers with magic and in battle. In his new religion souls unbound by mortal bodies are meant to be the ruling class above those confined by earthly bodies, with himself ruling all. "

9. Neoclidia

A nation based upon the Cthulu Mythos created by Darkwind. The great old ones are returning and want the universe. Mysterious and powerfull.. try it.

Indies:
- Space pirates, their captains and their base a powerfull pirate spacestation
- Blue Aliens and their bigger cousins the giant Space Trolls.
- Predator Aliens and their queens.
- Space Eel (who actually should be called Gigantic Killer Space Eels)
- Spiders inhabiting distant planets (as 2 poptypes)
- Space Kraken hovering in spaces near you
- Snowbeasts led by their Alpha Males

A preview of some sprites for the first 3 nations. Behind each flag teh units for the nation, behind the dom 3K symbol the indies. Indies and R'lyeh overlap since those are the ones R'lyeh enslaved.

In addition to this

- unthematic summons have been removed
- new "space sites" added
- more new sites added
- unthematic sites removed
- included in this mod are the lines of the improved arena award
- a large number of new spells
- some old sprites have been slightly polished
- lots of new indies

A few numbers to show the size of the mod (though there is much more that isn't reflected in these numbers.

Unit numbers used (aprox)

Neoclidia 2200 - 2253
Insect 2500 - 2537
Ulm 2583 - 2659
Indies 2700 - 2749 AND 2400 - 2408
Jomon 2750 - 2777
Orc 2800 - 2850
Commonwealth 2950 - 3000
Dragons 3001 - 3029
Shiar 3050 - 3080

Magic sites 765 AND 800 - 834 AND 901 -902 AND 989 - 998

weapons 650 - 667 AND 700 - 765 AND 775 - 783 AND 800 - 806 AND 810-818

Armor 215 - 222 AND 270 - 274 AND 340 - 354

The thematic map is a seperate download:

Map
- The Solar System Map has been fully updated, indies everywhere and also recruitable now, no longer recruiting archers on your planets.

A new larger map is out now in beta. It has new backgrounds for the space fights and several planets will look differently matching their color on the map.
Try the Galaxy map now !!!

Please try these nations and maps and give feedback. Changes will be made based on feedback. As you can see in this thread I listen to what is said and often balance or improve things based on that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Solar System Map.jpg
Views:	9374
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	6578   Click image for larger version

Name:	Galaxysmall.jpg
Views:	1084
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	7456  
Attached Files
File Type: zip solar system.zip (1.89 MB, 1335 views)
File Type: zip Galaxy map .zip (14.68 MB, 1400 views)
File Type: zip Dominions 3000 v0.81.zip (3.31 MB, 1582 views)
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.

Last edited by Aezeal; April 18th, 2009 at 06:49 AM.. Reason: v 0.81 out now + new Galaxy map (larger, new commands used)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aezeal For This Useful Post:
Old August 7th, 2008, 06:37 PM

Lieutenant General

Default Re: Galaxy at war - Ulm vs Ulm - Dominions 3000

Questions I need answer too to continue:

1a Can you make a mod so you only get certain creatures (new modded ones) in the indie sea provinces?
1b If above is not possible is there a way to empty all seas provinces?

2 Can you change the background of sea battles to either black or some starry pattern?
Old August 7th, 2008, 08:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

Darkwind is on a distinguished road

For #2, I think you might be able to modify the underwater battlemap, since they're all seperated and in a convenient folder. Not sure how one would go about doing that though.

For #1, #land <province number> apparently kills everything in a province. #commander "<commander type>" sets the new commander. #bodyguards <nbr bodyguards> "<type>" sets the bodyguards for the commander. #units <nbr units> "<type>" sets units. It's all in the map editting guide.

Finally, even though this is really only the bare bones of a mod and there are no new pretenders, it's still a bit fun (I chose a Prince of Death because of the evil theme of the LA, which this presumably comes after).
Old August 8th, 2008, 01:40 PM

Lieutenant General

yeah that is in the guide but I don't want to set it seperately for each province. I'd like it to be random but from lists I can select. Or if I could alter the existing troop types so it'll either empty or with certain troops I can make.
Old August 8th, 2008, 02:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

Darkwind is on a distinguished road

I think that if you use #selectmonster and #clear, you're given an essentially blank slate but it's still used for indy provinces. I don't think you can alter the lists used when picking independent defenders, though. If all you used was #selectmonster and #clear, it would either crash or no independents of that type would appear.
Old August 8th, 2008, 07:38 PM

Lieutenant General

My nation took offence to your remark about being not much..

I've improved it quite a lot and it's a real nation now, might even be balanced somewhat

v.2 attached to the original post
Old August 14th, 2008, 04:33 PM

Lieutenant General

Default Re: Galaxy at war - Ulm vs Ulm - NEW,ACTUALLY PLAYABLE

Hmm I wanted to post v0.30.. which is incredibly cool of course.. but I can't yet.

If it is posted I do hope some will try it.

I'll post a new fancy map with it
Old August 15th, 2008, 04:22 AM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

You can post it now!
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old August 15th, 2008, 04:50 AM

Lieutenant General

So I thought too... but alas:

Dominions 3000 - Galaxy at war - Galactic Ulm - v0.30.zip:
Your file of 4.91 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 244.1 KB for this filetype.
Old August 15th, 2008, 07:10 AM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

It's fixed now, apparently.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs