View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2005, 11:55 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: \"F\" is for \"Fast Forward\"

There are not too many...From DrPraetorius's great list:

Quote:
Sort provinces, provinces list should show terrain types (Cainehill).
Pictorial/better/more accessible representations of province stats (Turin, Cainehill).

how more/less stuff when you hit F1 (Cainehill).
Sort commanders (Cainehill, deccan).
Key to scroll through units of various sorts (incl. Sneaking units, units with forge bonuses) (RedRover) I'd also add units currently assigned to defend, units currently assigned to research, and units in territories currently bordering on territories belonging to enemy players.
Alchemy should be handled via the lab screen rather than as an order for commanders (Rainbow, Zooko). Zooko actually says "use best alchemist automatically".
Gems displayed numerically (Rainbow).

Every screen should be accessible from every other screen without going back up and then back down again (Tinkthank).
Separate server and client applications (Esben Mose Hansen).
"General Overhaul" (Peter Ebbesen).
Better control of battle playback, so you can pause, rewind and just quit instead of just FFing (Zooko). Oh, absolutely.
Custom keyboard shortcuts (PhilD, RedRover). RedRover suggests a bunch of specific kbd shorcuts.
"Find" dialogue to look for specific magic items, leaders by level or by skill level or whatever (RedRover).
Remember hotkey assignments between games (SurvivalistMerc). Remember them for each nation (Edi).
In general, more information you can see without clicking the better (SurvivalistMerc.) I don't know, I think the game screen is going to become overcrowded fast...

I don't think there were others.
Most of these would add new things to the game, rather than making the ones already in the game easier to use.