View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2006, 04:19 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Questions & Hopes with stock Dom3 map editor...

Quote:
Ballbarian said:
If this has already been discussed and I missed it, my apologies.

First off, a screen shot of the map editor might answer a lot of my questions.

1. Is the basic editor pretty much the same?
2. Will I still have those head slapping moments when I accidentally hit the "Remove Neighbors" button intending to clear the neighbors for the selected province instead of the entire map?
3. Will there be the addition of a #start button for designating a province as a potential start location?
4. Is it possible that if 3 is there, that I can see little icons simulating where the start locations are on the map as I assign others?
5. Will I be able to hit a button and simulate a random placing of X number of nations to see any potential problems with congested or insufficient placements?
6. This is a real stretch, and more of a request than a question, but is it possible to see little icons marking a given provinces terrain settings across the entire map at a glance to help reduce missed provinces during editing? (Really sucks to find your fish on dry land during your first test game when you thought you were attacking a sea province.)

I fully realize that the map editor is just a helpful tool for us mapmakers that was included with good will and good intentions by the devs (thanks guys!), but I still hope for a better mouse trap.
Yes, Yes, and then lots of "I don't know"s.