View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2009, 07:38 AM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mark of the Champion, an Arena mod

#selectitem "Champion's Trident" --> I get this, we want to change this magic item
#name "Mark of the Champion" --> I get this we want a different name (and I'll keep this, but more as a tattoo/mark on a ship
#copyspr 142 --> a tattoo of a flaming helmet, fine with me
#type 6 --> it's a helmet, I probably need to change this to 8 (misc) then
#armor "Flame Helmet" --> this gives it the flame helmet magic item I guess, but without magic stuff
#descr "The winner of the arena death match will receive a magical trident and an extraordinary flaming helmet. The trident will quicken its wielder and independently fight by his side, and the helmet will protect the Champion while also visibly marking him as the current Champion of the arena. The Champion will have to defend his title and equipment in upcoming death matches until they finally pass along to a new Champion." --> blablabla, I'll change this a lil to suit the setting
#end

#selectweapon 135 --> what does this do and how is this linked to the already ended stuff above? I guess this is the trident again but why is this after an #end command, how can it still work. But I guess if I make this 192 I have a nice attack. The name of it will still be not so nice but maybe if I make a weapon #xxx called Blast of Elemental Power, with AoE 1 too and regular damage 10 AP and then give it 2nd attack 192 I will have a very nice arena reward. (the 2ndeffect on the 192 will still carry through right, you can link dozens of effects if I you'd want right?
#bonus --> makes 135 a bonus weapon ok, good.
#end

PS can you give multiple weapons then? (multiple #armor and #weapon for a complete matching set (not for this mod but for another thing maybe)
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.