View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2009, 08:31 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mark of the Champion, an Arena mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aezeal View Post
#armor "Flame Helmet" --> this gives it the flame helmet magic item I guess, but without magic stuff
It gives armor. Magic item gives the extra fatigue, fire magic boost and such. The armor gives head protection and, for some reason I'm not quite sure about, little body protection. The armor could just as well be +4 def (like Cat Charm) or +4 def +4 prot (similar to Bracers of Armor) or anything else.

Quote:
#selectweapon 135 --> what does this do and how is this linked to the already ended stuff above? I guess this is the trident again but why is this after an #end command, how can it still work. But I guess if I make this 192 I have a nice attack. The name of it will still be not so nice but maybe if I make a weapon #xxx called Blast of Elemental Power, with AoE 1 too and regular damage 10 AP and then give it 2nd attack 192 I will have a very nice arena reward. (the 2ndeffect on the 192 will still carry through right, you can link dozens of effects if I you'd want right?

PS can you give multiple weapons then? (multiple #armor and #weapon for a complete matching set (not for this mod but for another thing maybe)
Because I used an existing item, it retains its properties. One of these properties is the fact that it adds weapon 135 to anyone using the magic item.

I used weapon modding (as opposed to item modding) to change the Trident into a bonus weapon. If I wouldn't have, the trident would have given penalties to anyone without ambidexterity.

You might want to clear and replace all properties of weapon 135 (the trident) instead of creating a new weapon. I know that magic items can have both #weapon and #armor (Horned Helmet), but I'm not sure if they can add multiple weapons. If they can, you'd have the trident AND the new weapon you added.