View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2004, 08:36 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Double the Ulm, double the fun!

Okay, thanks for that. So we need that program I mentioned earlier. I quote it here:

"For this to be really worth the effort we (= I, hint hint ) would need a program that chooses the starting provinces of the nations by scanning the .map file and clears those provinces, adds a fort of the right type into it, adds special magic sites and new national starting units as well as the right pretender to it (some might not be needed, though). If that program would be made it would be great if you also were able to make .pr files which would contain province info. It would have terrain needed for the province (eg. forest for druids), rarity, defenders by Dominions name/id and numbers in correspondance to each other/changable variable similar to Dominion's indep. power. Also commander orders and rarity.

Program could be used to create a new, modified .map file in which the provinces would be hardcoded to whatever the program had randomized. Each run of the program would make different maps, even with the same choices and files.

This would make it easy to add quite spesial provinces, eg. "Dragonspine Mountains" defended by Beast Trainer in command of some fire drakes, Abysian Infantries and Humanbreds. There would always be two times as many Humanbreds as Abysians and Drakes together, so their numbers would be 1, 1/4 and 1/4 or something similar. There would always be a Volcano in this Common Unique province, so the map randomiser program would only put one of these in the map, but it would be somewhere almost always."

If we got a program like that we could, as an example, define Unique Quaranteed province Ulm that can only exist on forest, mountain or maybe a province bordering mountain. We would also define the map commands that would be written to the .map file, and with this define the starting spell. Mapping and modding put together, added to a quite a deal of randomization... Any volunteers?