View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2006, 06:10 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Why am I not able to win the Orania Map ?

Most players here wouldn't choose Turmoil/Luck for competitive multiplayer, but I've found it's good enough, and very fun and enjoyable, in single-player games against the AI.

Restless Worshippers spreads your dominion faster. Dominion 6 or 7 should be enough, and I think it'd give you a scale more. Probably Production, to give you little more income and to help with your hoplites.

Astral 3 Oracle is fine, if you want to base your strategy around scales. However, relying on Fortune might be costly if you have a streak of bad luck - you won't have a pretender to help you through tough times. You might want to consider e.g. Manticore instead. As Arcoscephale, your Priestesses can heal any afflictions he might get, and if he has no magic you lose only time when you call him back to the realm of the living. Some items and spells also help immensely. Body Ethereal has AoE: 1, which means one square in the battlefield, which means it can be cast on nearby units. Even those that totally fill one square (size 6 monsters, like Manticore). He can't use many items, but e.g. Cat's Claw Talismans, Horror Helmets, Burning Pearls and Antimagic Amulets are worth their price. Amulet of Luck is also very, very good, and Ring of Regeneration would be even more important if you didn't have priestesses to heal wounds. Regeneration doesn't heal afflictions, but makes them less common.