View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2006, 04:59 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Are we paying more for less?

Quote:
Sindai said:
Quote:
Talleyrand said:
poor production values
What do you really mean by "production values"? Graphics? If they matter that much more than gameplay to you then Dominions just isn't the game for you.

Unfortuntely that's actually a pretty common sentiment, but there's not much IW can do about it when they only have two or three people. If they actually profit from the game this way then they're way ahead of most of the game industry anyway and there's absolutely no reason for them to change things.

Although it would be pretty awesome if they distributed over Steam like Introversion software instead. Spurning electornic distribution because of piracy is silly; there are sites where you can download the full version of Dominions 2 to this day.

I thought that by "poor production values" he meant that there aren't that many people working in the creation of this game, finishing and polishing and squashing tiny bugs. Or that thing I boldened from your reply.

I agree that for fans of the series the game is well worth it. For sometimes-gamers, sunday-afternoon-gods, this mightn't be true. Dominions 3 isn't a cheap game, and that means that some thought must go into buying it. Theonlystd isn't arguing that we who enjoy the game immensely won't buy it at full price; he is saying that many others might buy the game if it was cheaper.