World Supremacy- Save $10.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old September 1st, 2024, 02:52 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,272 Times in 953 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Ukraine OOB New and Old Toys

Artaud almost sounds like a "kindred spirit" I don't own a cell phone and never have, don't do META (Facebook), X (Tweeter) Tik Tok (As I have some nice clocks already. ) etc. etc.

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old September 1st, 2024, 03:39 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,272 Times in 953 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Ukraine OOB New and Old Toys

Artaud almost sounds like a "kindred spirit" I don't own a cell phone and never have, don't do META (Facebook), X (Tweeter) Tik Tok (As I have some nice clocks already. ) etc. etc.

In my two tours at COMSUBGRU TEN (1989-92 (Plankowner)/1998-2002) OPCON.

I was a SEAC my first tour armed with a pager and STU-III phone on my nightstand with a "nifty" and ever-changing hiding place for my key with a 40-minute recall to get to the OPCON after I hung up or responded to a page. If say I went to Jacksonville, Fl (30-40 minutes away.) for a movie or a meal I had to notify the OPCON watch what movie and time we were going too along with the manager's office phone number as a backup.

On my second tour I moved up in the world and reported in and met my departing Division Officer (LCDR.) who had to come up with a unique job title specific to my past and current new responsibilities and was after a couple of minutes of deliberation I became the COMSUBLANT Alt Supervisor "Lofty Title" indeed that again promised long hours and no increase in pay commensurate with my "Lofty Title". I was introduced to my work Cell Phone and given another STU-III to again add to the decor of my bedroom nightstand.

I can assure you beyond a certain political ad from 2016 "Who do you want to answer the phone at 3 in the morning? " I can assure you most of them came to me at 0300 and all the other hours that started with a "0".

The STU-III was a pretty impressive piece of technology, but it had the added benefit that if I "whacked" someone who broke into the house with it they wouldn't be leaving the house on their own two feet.

It's absolutely WONDERFUL to be "Cell Free".
https://www.cryptomuseum.com/crypto/usa/stu3/index.htm
(Hey, the one pictured on the top is the one I had on my nightstand!!)

Besides CINCLANTHOME is my COMMO extraordinaire.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: