.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old December 16th, 2003, 02:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

SurvivalistMerc is on a distinguished road
Default Ritual of Returning

I understand that this spell is supposed to take you back to your home province when you are injured.

Two questions: If the injury is sufficient to kill you, does it kill you? Or do you get teleported prior to death?

Second, if you are "routed" and have nowhere to go...do you teleport home or just get destroyed the way you normally would in this instance?

Just curious and not able to find the answer elsewhere.
Old December 16th, 2003, 02:20 AM

Default Re: Ritual of Returning

The Ritual of Returning fires when you are "Injured" which is when you are hit by a spell or weapon (including missile fire) that does not kill you instantly.

If your commander is Routing and they rout without a province to rout to; he will die. It is often a good idea to not place units with someone with Ritual of Returning for that reason, as well as the fact that the commander can at any time pick up shop and fly home leaving his army standing around eating pudding snacks in enemy territory.

You can still get an Affliction from that one hit though. I personally have mixed feelings about this spell; it has a limited usefulness, but I'm sure for the "Rainbow" it's a terrific spell, if you can manage to survive the one hit

[ December 16, 2003, 00:21: Message edited by: Zen ]
Old December 16th, 2003, 09:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

SurvivalistMerc is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ritual of Returning

Zen,

I have grown to prefer the spell "returning" on my RBs. It can even save you from an astral duel since defender moves first.

Of course, it is the scripting of a spell that requires gems, and I hear that this doesn't always work....