winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 25th, 2011, 07:05 PM

Sergeant

scJazz is on a distinguished road
Default Ammo Container

So I'm in the middle of making scenarios/campaigns and a long standing question finally drove me to the edge as it became important I know the answer.

Just how much ammo do ammo containers, etc actually resupply per turn? Are they effected by Experience?

After generating a test scenario I have the following answers. First of all NO they are not effected by experience. Testing with experience 70 and experience 140 units showed exactly no difference.

Table of Rounds Resupplied per Turn
Code:
WH Size   Container   Truck   Dump
1         20          41      61
2         20          41      61
3         10          21      31
4         6           14      21
5         5           11      16
6         4           8       12
7         0           6       10
8         0           5       8
Test conditions: First I used 2 ammo containers at experience 70 and 140 to determine if there was an experience difference. Since there was none I proceeded. I created units whose main gun (#1) was modified. These modifications set the main gun of the units in question to WH sizes 1 through 8 and set the ammo level to zero. I then placed units next to ammo resupply units and in the case of the Dumps far enough away from each other that the 2 hex range wouldn't interfere. I then tested for 3 turns to establish that each turn would generate the same results using WH sizes 4,5 and 6. Finally, I restarted the scenario and counted each units Turn 1 ammo. It is important for scenario/campaign design that the Turn 0 to Turn 1 time DOES result in a resupply check and units are resupplied!

Test conditions not checked: The effects of damage and suppression on resupply were not tested. Neither was any WH sized ammo greater than 8.

If anyone is interested in the test scenario or extending the tests further please let me know.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scJazz For This Useful Post: