.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old October 9th, 2006, 06:54 PM

Corporal

Rogue is on a distinguished road
Default An \"opinion\" from a happy customer!

So as I sit here, I ask myself...why am I posting this? I read lots of good comments and feedback from folks already so why bother posting when others already have? Well, I think if I had a problem or complaint I'd voice it so why not post a positive remark. Then I'll go back to quietly lurking on the forums.

First off let me say that if the genre interests you try the demo first--this goes for any game, don't just "take my word that the game is good". My comments are just my humble opinion as a gamer.

That said...just save yourself some time and go buy the game--take my word for it, it's absolutely awesome.

This game has a metric ton of features and options. While it is true that it won't tax your latest and greatest 3D hardware, the game is a downright blast. I won't bother to regurgitate all the options and features in this post as they're posted on the site already and throughout other various posts. I just want to give some positive feedback to folks who might read though the forums and are trying to get a feel on the game.

I started playing a DOM3 game at 11:00pm, thinking I'd stop around 12:30am or even 1:30am. I noticed my eye's starting to sting and looked up at the cloak to see it say 2:45am! It really is an addictive "one more turn" type 4X game. It has so many different ways to play after you set up your pretender it truly is impressive in it's scope.

I enjoyed DOM2, but it didn't have the same "addictive" quality as this latest installation of the series. I think Illwinter has done an awesome job at streamlining the interface and making things "flow" more intuitively.

Do I have complaints? Sure, but they're niggly little picky observations, they really are insignificant in the face of the entertainment value you're getting from this game.

Anyway, kudo's to Illwinter for an awesome fantasy based 4X type strategy game, and kudo's to Shrapnel for publishing it!

I'll just hop off me soapbox now and go back to lurking....
Old October 9th, 2006, 07:01 PM

Major General

Meglobob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An \"opinion\" from a happy customer!

I agree with u. When u visit forums its always moan, moan, complain, whinge etc...

It's very rare that people take the time to be positive, Dom 3, is a true classic, especially to me who never got the chance to play Dom 2, so its all new.

Keep up the good work Illwinter/Shrapnel. [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/icon44.gif[/img]'s all round.
Old October 10th, 2006, 08:54 PM

Lieutenant General

Nerfix is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An \"opinion\" from a happy customer!

I received my game a while ago and man...I'm starting and quitting games just to see stuff, haha.

"Boobs are OK. Just not for Nerfix [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Smile.gif[/img] ."
- Kristoffer O.