.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

View Poll Results: Have you ever been in love?
Yes 40 67.80%
No 9 15.25%
Maybe 10 16.95%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 3rd, 2004, 01:33 AM

General

Slynky is on a distinguished road
Default OT (Poll) - LOVE

Loving my wife tonight. Christmas and all. Just in the mood. (besides, Atrocities can do it, so why can't I ):

Difficult poll with (admitedly) limited questions (so, apologies upfront).

Applies mostly to those "involved".
Old December 3rd, 2004, 02:26 AM

General

Renegade 13 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT (Poll) - LOVE

A difficult poll indeed. Now, speaking as one who is admittedly only 17, and with limited experience with matters of love and the heart, I'd just like to say that I envy those of you who have found true love. Don't ever let it go. No matter what. I only hope love will quit biting me in the *** and that some day I (and everyone) can find true love and happiness.

Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past. Wisdom is knowing that you'll be an idiot in the future.

Download the Nosral Confederacy (a shipset based upon the Phong) and the Tyrellian Imperium, an organic looking shipset I created! (The Nosral are the better of the two [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Grin.gif[/img] )
Old December 3rd, 2004, 02:29 AM

Corporal

Col. Mustard is on a distinguished road

yes, as do I. However, It won't happen by playing videoga,es...
Old December 3rd, 2004, 03:03 AM

General

Quote:
Renegade 13 said:
A difficult poll indeed. Now, speaking as one who is admittedly only 17, and with limited experience with matters of love and the heart, I'd just like to say that I envy those of you who have found true love. Don't ever let it go. No matter what. I only hope love will quit biting me in the *** and that some day I (and everyone) can find true love and happiness.
Wise words!
Old December 3rd, 2004, 03:58 AM

General

Poll is showing some interesting results.
Old December 3rd, 2004, 04:56 AM

Lieutenant General

Kamog is on a distinguished road

I have been in love twice. Both times, I secretly had strong feelings about someone but I never had the courage to tell her. I just thought about her constantly. Then soon I found out that she already had a boyfriend or husband. But the feelings never went away, even many years later.

Things are going to be different next time!
Old December 3rd, 2004, 09:37 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

Life goes on long after the thrill of living has gone. I gave up on finding love a hell of a long time ago.

If you have it, keep it. There is nothing more important in life than being happy with yourself and the person you love who loves you back.
Old December 3rd, 2004, 10:32 AM

General

I see we have some mixed results. To be expected, I guess. Lots of people are happy with whom they are "attached" to but a lot of people wonder if some other love would have been better.

And a lot of people believe in soulmates.

All-in-all, it's a fairly optimistic group so far. And pragmatic.

BTW, those not familiar with the situation with my wife and her work situation...well...there is another thread. Last night, she cried her eyes out in despair. Although she was given a different job (so she didn't have to work for the guy who sexually harrassed her in the past), she is too unhappy to continue. She feels like life is unfair and doesn't understand why it has trodden upon her as it has. She asked me if she could quit work. God only knows we need her $50K to make ends meet but her sadness isn't worth it...so I told her we'd get by somehow. Tighten the belt a bit but a tight belt on a happy person is better than financial security with a loose belt. I felt as if I had somehow made her think she had to work in a new job in order to continue as we have in our life...and I hate that feeling. That's where love comes in. Where you decide personal happiness is more important than busting your *** in a job you were "forced" to take so you can make a few dollars more.

Guess I'll need to re-read Atrocities post a while back on how much money do you need to live. After all, the habit of having enough money to do extra things with is sometimes a habit that needs to be broken in order to make people happier. Chasing the dollar can be a nasty business sometimes and people sometimes get lost in its lure. We'll find a way to make ends meet.
Old December 3rd, 2004, 02:56 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

General Woundwort is on a distinguished road

All I can say is that this is a very preplexing subject. Women are a complete and baffling mystery to me. I'll have my female co-workers tell me what a great guy I am and that I'm a great catch, and then when I ask some girl out on a date (in a different context), I get shot down and stomped on to boot. I have no skill in, or patience for, the "marketing/selling oneself" games you evidently have to play in on-line dating or matching services. I'm now 36 years old, quite single, and getting quite set in my geekish ways - and at a loss as to where to go from here.
Old December 3rd, 2004, 03:16 PM

Sergeant

Rasorow is on a distinguished road

Deep poll. Very deep.

General Woundwort, I am not far behind you. Heard the same lines and until recently had mostly the same results. Now that I have found someone that actually wants to spend time with me there are things just some differences and issues that make me very hesitant to presue things any farther and I wonder if maybe I was better off with lots of female friends if no one significant.

Rasorow

Yet, perhaps one day.....

(to steal a line from General Woundwort if he will permit this one time)

Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at Last to home afar.

Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at Last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known

-Bilbo Baggins
- The Hobbit - JRR Tolkien