.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 28th, 2004, 09:08 PM

First Lieutenant

Huzurdaddi is on a distinguished road
Default Ether Gate

Is it just me or does this spell seem too good to be true?

It's only conjuration 6, has pretty low casting requirements ( 4 astral, 1 death), however it costs a good amount of gems.

For the above price you get an army which just whoops up on almost anything during the middle portion of the game. Heck they do good at almost any time.

I addicted to these guys! Now they do eat a lot so make sure to give 'em a bag of wine (and a scout with an extra).

The Ether Lord himself is worth a good 30-40 gems (IMO). The troops are fantastic, it's almost funny watching other summoned troops ( I'm talking to you summer lions! ) go against them with their moonblades. And for some reason they are almost impossible for normal troops to stop as well, it's not uncommon for them to kill a good 100+ troop army without breaking a sweat ( is this due to the etherial? Is it due to the 17 protection, maybe the 13 defence, maybe the 22 hitpoints, or the insane 27 damage attack? I don't really know).

I would guess that in the end game horrors are probably better. And GoR'ed abombs may be able to take them ( I say GoR'ed since I hear, but have not tested, that Abombs do not use their awesome death gaze much unless they are GoR'ed).

Anyway anyone else know of a summons so close to the start of the game that comes close? I mean these guys ... freaking scarry!

And ... uhm ... what do you guys think is the best method of getting a real serious astral gem income? I got to figure it is clams. So what race is best making the dang things? Do I *have* to play an underwater race? Bleech!