.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 14th, 2005, 06:49 PM

Major

The Panther is on a distinguished road
Default New MP Game - Random, Anonymous, No Diplomacy

I am looking to see if there is interest in a new MP game which was inspired by the QT3-Anon game about to wrap up.

The rules are simple:
1. All nations will be randomly assigned. No one except the host knows which player belongs to which nation. I am shooting for 17 players here.
2. No diplomacy of any kind. No in-game messages. No transferring of artifacts or gems or gold to any player. No external email allowed. I know this last item is impossible to truly enforce, so we would have to rely on the honor system here.

I think we would need a host for TCP/IP since sending 17 emails each turn might be too much for PBEM. Perhaps it would work if the host were to zip all turn files and send to all 17 players at the same time, but the file might get too big too quickly. Also, the host really cannot play in the game since he would know player assignments. Perhaps Soapyfrog or someone else would help here.

Settings:
Map - Orania
Indies - 9
Research - Very Hard
Mods - All Zen's mods plus Turin's Hero Mod
Renaming - Off
Graphs - On
Sites - 50%
Master Password - Yes
Victory Condition - 9 capitols (if 17 players)
All other settings normal.
Also, I would ask everyone to NOT select a name for their Pretender but just use the default supplied by the game. Passwords are essential for all Pretenders.

I will be out of the country from June 17-June 28, so I am looking for a start date about July 1 if everything can be worked out before then. My son (Tauren) has volunteered to watch this thread and respond to questions as required.

The game is open to the first 15 players (besides my son and I) who want in. If we can't get 17 players but can get 10, then we can do Inland instead.

What do you think?