.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

View Poll Results: Should Shrapnel Games Setup an Official Dominions 3 Server?
Yes, and I would pay more then $10 to support the project and/or receive a -gold- level account. 8 17.02%
Yes, and I would pay $10 to support the project and/or receive a -gold- level account. 16 34.04%
Yes, but I will not pay any extra for it. 14 29.79%
Yes, but my reason for saying so isn't a choice the poll writer was smart enough to think of. 1 2.13%
No, I don't think ShrapnelGames should be obligated to do this. 3 6.38%
No, it is up to community to come up with a solution. 3 6.38%
No, it is up to community to come up with a solution... but I don't think it will happen anytime soon. 0 0%
No, I only play Single Player so don't care about a multiplayer server. 0 0%
No, Sorry sucker... but the risk of a game disappearing only heightens the enjoyment of games that don't end prematurely. Better luck next time! 0 0%
No, but my reason for saying so isn't a choice the poll writer was smart enough to think of. 2 4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 14th, 2007, 02:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

Maltrease is on a distinguished road
Default Poll: Official Multiplayer Game Server

I'm sorry to keep bringing this up. However, this time I thought I would do it in a way that makes it very easy for people to chime in with their view points.

I'm complained in the past about delayed games which was frustrating. I haven't played a single (non-blitz) multiplayer game that hasn't had server problems.

And now is appears very possible that a large multiplayer game is gone. We still had 10+ active players and around 40 turns into the game. I don't want to tally up all the hours I spent on this game... mostly in preparation and build up to what WAS soon to come.

It is certainly understandable that a "real life" emergency can occur. If something happened to my family I can assure you that keeping the Dom3 game running would be the last thing on my mind.

However, you are still affecting many people. I would guess that their have been 100's of hours put into this game collectively by the people playing it.

And what if the cause of the game ending is not some emergency. Perhaps the host has simply "moved past" dominions or is unhappy with how they are doing in the game? This doesn't seem to be an acceptable risk to me.

I think shrapnel (or Illwinter) should setup an official game server. Please place your vote and your comments.

Thanks for your time,
Adam Schroeder