.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 14th, 2007, 10:50 AM

First Lieutenant

jutetrea is on a distinguished road
Default Request for strategy: Late game tips

Preface: MP newbie, never made it to the late game yet.

So, in the 62 person megagame and just imagine I accidentally survive the first set of territorial rushes, establishment of borders, diplomatic russian roulette and make it to the mid-game.

I've got my borders set, good income over a moderate upkeep (holding a good sized stick just in case), good gem income compared to the rest of the board, and good research relative to the rest of the board, site searching is complete and I'm allied or NAP'd with all my neighbors. What to do?

I read somewhere that you should have a late game strat pretty much thought up before you start the game, and continue working towards that. Well, with little MP experience and zero late game experience thats tough as the little MP experience shows that SP tactics don't survive long.

At peace, so obviously research as much as possible. But to what? Rush to const 8 to start nabbing uniques? Rush to high Conj for uniques? Rush to high ench to try to get early gem producers up/GoH? Research evenly across the board? Curtail research to prevent "threat"?

Bulk up militarily to the point where monthly net is way down and then fabricate a reason to attack someone? Try to keep upkeep low and just maintain a defensive force to maximize monthly net income? Since at peace, try to actually kill off troops to reduce upkeep?

SCs/Gems - try to start summoning/equipping SCs for future combat? Save up gems to keep options open items/summons/enchants?

Primarily what to do when currently surrounded by friendlies, but knowing you'll need to expand at some point.

eek! fun though, very fun