.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 19th, 2008, 04:25 PM

Sergeant

Stryke11 is on a distinguished road
Default Bogarus Help

I have been trying Bogarus in a PBEM with a friend and am getting worked.

I knew going in that BR had crappy infantry. What I didn't know what that despite being crappy they are also expensive. I have a growth dominion and most of my Starets are old and diseased, as are my Masters of Names. I have tried as many of the summons as I can (I don't have the paths for a few of the water ones) but they seem pretty lackluster, and slow to mass (firebirds and lady middays would be nice to have a more expensive "group" summoning spell).

Could someone with some experience/luck with this nation give me a basic roadmap. I have Order1/Prod1/Growth1 and a pretender optimized to cast all national summons that national mages can't, except the mixed path water spells. My gem income is pretty solid, but I'm low on death and nature. I am currently alchemizing so I can have Dark Knowledge and Haruspex cast every turn. Hopefully eventually the income will be enough to keep it up without alchemy.

My opponent is LA Pangaea. At this point they seem to be going more toward Centaur/Minotaur armies than Manikin/Mandragora.