.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 8th, 2010, 06:22 PM

Lieutenant General

quantum_mechani is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CBM 1.7 released

The fact that apparently there is still around 25% support for gem gens certainly supports the idea there was even greater division over them then.

I actually would not be that opposed to 10b SDRs instead of unique ones, but I think most of the issues would remain the same. Investment options are only interesting so long as they are just that, options. They make a lot more sense in a game designed to make strategic choices of that sort- and dominions is not that game. Investment options are so few, that they seem to either become mandatory choices or trivial effects. I tend to think this is because marginal resource advantages are not really what make or break rushes in general, you are almost never making the choice of much needed offensive options to expand vs. investment. Because there are so few investment options (even base game), you can easily soak the cost of all available investments and still be in very nearly as strong of a military position.

Anyway, that's my theory for why investment options always seem to be unavoidable or too marginal to consider in dominions, but it also seems a pretty unavoidable conclusion empirically.