.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 29th, 2011, 12:47 PM

Corporal

Brian61 is on a distinguished road
Default Black Brigade at Wysoka 9/39

This is a small scenario designed to be played as Poland vs the computer as Germany. Its a short (length 27) delay/advance on a 40x60 map. Polish forces are a reinforced infantry company of the 10th Motorized Brigade (Black Brigade), German forces are a battalion sized kampfgruppe drawn from the 2nd Panzer Division.

Play note: the first few turns as Poland vs the computer should be uneventful so you have time to move units around to taste.

This is a semi-historical scenario. The larger battle is historical, the forces are historical, the map... well I cut and pasted part of a stock poland map and modified it a bit. The small segment of the larger battle represented by the scenario is towards the end of the Battle of Jordanow just hours prior to the arrival of the armoured train used to cover the Polish retreat.

I'm intending to use this scenario as the first scenario in a short user campaign covering some of the battles of the Black Brigade during September 1939. I'd appreciate feedback on the difficulty level and, of course, any bugs or errors. In my tests I've managed to get a marginal victory.

There really isn't alot of detailed information about the Black Brigade's TOE in certain specifics. My main sources for my portrayal are: http://niehorster.orbat.com/029_pola.../brig-mot.html and http://niehorster.orbat.com/029_pola...ns/co-inf.html. I added a fourth squad to each of the infantry platoons and changed the first three squads to the type having a BAR with the last squad being the type with 46mm mortar and ATR. Thanks to the latest update the standard Polish truck can now carry a 19 man squad so the provided truck platoon is able to move a reserve platoon around as needed

Hope this is of interest,
Brian

PS: the scenario files are in the attached zip, it is scenario 600.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Black Brigade at Wysoka.zip (47.8 KB, 225 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brian61 For This Useful Post: