Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Balanced Nations - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 12th, 2010, 01:50 AM

Sergeant

OmikronWarrior is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Balanced Nations

The game is "tournament style," so no mods and specifically no CBM. Yes, I am talking Middle Era.

So, Agartha is out. I'll keep Abyssia, if for no other reason than its balanced. C'Tis is out, because it enjoys such a large defensive advantage over the rest of the list. I am an enormous believe in the advantage a strong defensive position provides a player who can establish any reasonable entrenched position.

I'll look closer at Arco, but tramplers do make me nervous, especially if I pick up Ulm.

Marignon can do a pretty powerful bless with KotC, but it leaves them so crippled in the Magic Diversity department I think thats a fine trade off.

I'm also considering Pan (which introduces another bless threat and keeps the theme of poor magic diversity, though introduces a stealth threat), and Erie (which I do not have a lot of experience with, any thoughts?).