This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old January 10th, 2005, 03:35 AM

Sergeant

brianeyci is on a distinguished road
Default Bye Asmala.

Bye Asmala. You certainly gave everybody in the RTV Osshod game a run for their money. I wish I could have played more games with you. Enjoy your military training, I'll be enjoying SE:IV .

Brian
Old January 10th, 2005, 05:13 AM

Captain

Asmala is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bye Asmala.

Bye Brian, and everybody else too. I try to enjoy my military training, even though my motivation is a bit low now. It's annoying I didn't get to the July draft but to the January draft. Last summer I was much more eager to go to the military but now I have started my studies in universtity, well, I would've like to continue them.

I won't be reading these forums much during the military, but I'll check my email when I have a weekend off. So use the email if you want to contact me.

See you next year

Recruit Asmala
Old January 10th, 2005, 05:35 AM

Corporal

NarfsCompIsBack is on a distinguished road

Good luck and don't get shot.
Old January 10th, 2005, 07:25 AM

First Lieutenant

Makinus is on a distinguished road

Don´t be too concerned if in the 2 or 3 first months you think you are in hell... after the 4th month or so you will get the hang of military training and the things will get easier (or you just will get more endurance)...

I remember my time in military training as a hard period at first, then i started to like it and today i remember it as a time when i learned a lot of useful and interesting things...

While at start i was a little angry to be doing military training (in Brazil it is not voluntary but obligatory too) at the end i thought it was a good and rewarding experience...

Bye Asmala and good luck! And rememebr the Military training maxim: Don´t volunteer for anything!
Old January 10th, 2005, 08:55 AM

General

Slynky is on a distinguished road

Good luck and may the experience be good for you.

I was once drafted to the military, too. To go to a place called Viet Nam in 1970.
Old January 10th, 2005, 09:00 AM

Major

primitive is on a distinguished road

Hopefully they keep him away from the command centre or I fear we might see this on CNN:

Newsflash:
In a bold move Finnish military forces led by brilliant young strategist “Asmala” just retook Karelia from the Russian Federation. Using surprise tactics and new weapons like “Ripper Beams” and “Wave motion Guns” the Finnish forces were able to annihilate the Russian defenders in a matter of hours.

The battle losses combined with raids by Finnish commandoes behind the Russian lines caused the Russian population to first become unhappy and then break out in riots. Facing economic collapse, Russian president Vladimir Putin had no choice but to agree to a treaty of subjugation to the newly formed Finnish Empire. Leaders from around the world is expected in Helsinki for the crowning ceremony of Emperor Asmala I.

In an interview with CNN, Emperor Asmala explains the reasons for his actions.
“Yeah, there is some history and grudges and stuff, but mostly I missed my KOTH crown. It’s frigging cold in Finland I was freezing.”

GL Asmala.
Wear a hat instead

BTW:
History lesson
Old January 10th, 2005, 09:19 AM

First Lieutenant

Nodachi is on a distinguished road

Asmala, thank you for all the work and effort you've put into the KOTH league. You will be missed! See you in a year!
Old January 11th, 2005, 12:43 AM

General

Renegade 13 is on a distinguished road

Bye Asmala! Hope you have a good (well, good enough) time. I'll do my best to keep you alive and in good shape in the RTV Osshod Game...although it's a damn complicated game! Good luck, and watch out which end of the gun you point where

Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past. Wisdom is knowing that you'll be an idiot in the future.

Download the Nosral Confederacy (a shipset based upon the Phong) and the Tyrellian Imperium, an organic looking shipset I created! (The Nosral are the better of the two [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Grin.gif[/img] )
Old January 17th, 2005, 12:40 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

Take care and Be safe.