The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old July 18th, 2006, 06:32 AM

Corporal

codman is on a distinguished road
Default aircraft entry and exit directions

Looking for some advice about keeping my spotter planes alive. I've noticed that even when I set the direction arrows at the begining of the scenario, the fools sometimes decide to fly straight across the map and I suddenly find that the bad guys have enough AA to knock down the 8th Air Force. Perhaps it's a hidden default but I know I don't send them down the middle as I like find out just what's going on behind that wall of smoke and flame.

Thanks in advance
Old July 18th, 2006, 07:46 AM

Sergeant

PatG is on a distinguished road
Default Re: aircraft entry and exit directions

I have found that the entry/exit arrows will usually not changed during a game as long as you don't save and reload. They will always reset to straight across the board if you exit the game. Just to be paranoid, I check them everytime before plotting a mission.

Following the advice in an earlier thread, I set my spotters to enter and exit on the top and bottom edges and to orbit over my side of the board near the centre line. I can usually get a good view of my opponents moving units. Especially in the later war when every tank and apc seems to have an aamg - flying over the enemy side is asking for a short quick flaming flight into the dirt. If I have to take a peek at my opponents rear area, I will plot to enter on his board edge and exit top or bottom. Sometimes the spotter won't complete it's full circuit before going off map but it minimizes exposure to flak.
Old July 18th, 2006, 09:53 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,872 Times in 1,220 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

the direction arrows are a game global - they are not saved as part of the scenario info - and will be reset to the default if you exit and leave the game. They will be saved for any already plotted strikes.

So if you are playing a scenario and have restarted the game and reloaded, you must remember to reset the air strike direction before plotting any new strikes.

cheers
Andy
Old July 19th, 2006, 06:28 AM

Corporal

codman is on a distinguished road

Thanks gents, I'll remember to check when I restart the game. I got spoiled playing Age of Empires 1 with scouts and the ability of seeing behind the lines is just too valuable to me. Nothing like bringing down tight clusters of 122, 152 or 203mm HE on opposing infantry. Good thing these guys are electronic or we'd all be on trial for war crimes...