.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old June 26th, 2008, 07:53 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough
Default Re: FreshMeat - EA Newbie - (WAIT FOR HOSTING->UPL

Right! We have restarted!

I took some executive decisions:

- Indies got set to 6, as a compromise between 5 and 7.
- The victory condition is now a sensible 5 capitals.
- I decided not to wait for more players, as the last newbie game filled up only slowly and I think people's patience here was wearing a little thin (it seems you had quite a cursed game so far). Also I decided to leave the map as Cradle, because it is lovely. Also I've done a 10-player game before on Cradle, and it was really excellent, so I don't think you'll find it to be too big really. Rather, you'll get a little space at the start to develop before you get attacked, which is nice.

Also, this thread is a mess and I can't edit the first post, so I am going to start a new thread and we'll use that one from now on.

Unfortunate as this game has been in getting going, I think it's going to be a really fun one. Good map, interesting nations, and lots of cheerful newbies. So have fun!

Right, move along to the other thread. I will give Ubercat the admin password, so he's the man to ask for extensions and stuff like that. Also he's been in a couple of games before so can answer questions about diplomacy and so on.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old June 26th, 2008, 07:59 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
And one question if you don't mind answering please, ( not related to this game ), If you ask someone for a NAP, and he doesn't say nothing but, I killed you messinger bla,bla,bla,and a couple of turn later I attack him, Is that really unhonourable?
Strange question, really. No, attacking in that situation would be fine I think. The only time people can really get annoyed is if you agree to a non-aggression pact and then break it. Also sometimes people get annoyed if you appear to be in the middle of negotiations when you attack. Of course, you could see that as merely a cunning strategy.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old June 26th, 2008, 08:12 PM

Sergeant

Ubercat is on a distinguished road

Not answering a NAP request is just plain rude in my opinion, but it happens all the time anyway. Not showing another player enough respect to even answer their friendly gesture is insulting and doesn't even hide your hostile intent! You may as well just say "I'm coming after you soon."

If someone offers a NAP and you're secretly planning on attacking them, just say that you aren't ready to commit to anything yet, and you're still exploring your options. Who knows? You might change your mind and accept in a few turns. Circumstances DO change in this game. You have to be ready to adapt your plans.

"I'm not convinced that faith can move mountains, but I've seen what it can do to skyscrapers." -William H. Gascoyne
Old June 26th, 2008, 08:36 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

GrudgeBringer is an unknown quantity at this point

OK GREAT!!

Now what do we do? I have deleted all the stuff out of the file in anticipation of restarting.

I still have my Pretender but got rid of trn file and first turn file.

Do I need someone to send it to me agian?

Also, is everyone still in that we had (minus effeDom)? and are we keeping the same nations?

I'm easy just need to know!!