.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old June 27th, 2008, 07:27 AM

Corporal

yandav is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Manatee - EA newbie game (started)

Quote:
Loren said:
I have seen several hundred pearls worth of seraphs, I'm sure there is plenty behind that nexus.

I suspect the only way to take it down is to kill it's caster which I assume is his pretender.

I think I could pull that off by wishing for him but that would do nothing about the SC's already running about and I'm sure he could be called back quickly.
I don't think you can wish for my pretender. You could only wish for an other Oracle. Can someone confirm this?
Old June 27th, 2008, 09:38 AM

Corporal

Zoshan is on a distinguished road

He would just get another Oracle but not your pretender.
Old June 27th, 2008, 11:33 AM

First Lieutenant

Loren is on a distinguished road

Quote:
yandav said:
Quote:
Loren said:
I have seen several hundred pearls worth of seraphs, I'm sure there is plenty behind that nexus.

I suspect the only way to take it down is to kill it's caster which I assume is his pretender.

I think I could pull that off by wishing for him but that would do nothing about the SC's already running about and I'm sure he could be called back quickly.
I don't think you can wish for my pretender. You could only wish for an other Oracle. Can someone confirm this?
I thought if you wished for a pretender *BY NAME* the guy shows up but doesn't change sides. Do it in a province where you have a lot of firepower and he's dead unless he's scripted to teleport out or something.
Old June 28th, 2008, 02:21 PM

Sergeant

Falkor is on a distinguished road
Default Game over!

The game is officially finished. [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Flag_Checkered.gif[/img]
[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/icon44.gif[/img] The winner is Yandav with Kailasa.

Congratulations Yandav!

Thanks everyone for the good game.
I hope you enjoyed it as I did.
Old June 28th, 2008, 03:00 PM

Corporal

yandav is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Game over!

Well, thanks Falkor and everyone, this game was a lot of fun and I learnt a lot ( especially about ritual attack spells thanks to Niefelheim and Sauromatia ). I 've been lucky during this game because my first two opponents ( Pangaea and Arcoscephale ) didn't have any archers which are a terrible threat for my ( almost ) naked sacred troops.
Old June 28th, 2008, 07:15 PM

Corporal

tgbob is on a distinguished road

I was the one casting earth attack and leprosy over and over on that huge +600 stack of yours.

Oh, and what were the under-water nations doing the whole game? Hadn't heard so much as a peep from them.
Old June 28th, 2008, 09:16 PM

First Lieutenant

Loren is on a distinguished road

Quote:
tgbob said:
I was the one casting earth attack and leprosy over and over on that huge +600 stack of yours.

Oh, and what were the under-water nations doing the whole game? Hadn't heard so much as a peep from them.
We didn't do much.

After I built up a good army I kicked Sauromantia out of the ocean and then the rest of the game R'yleh and I sat there staring at each other.

Neither one of us was really in a position to want to attack.

I had a bunch of underwater-capable Sauromantian troops staring at me and thus I didn't want to send forth anything like my whole army, yet I would have needed much of it to crack his fortresses unless they died of starvation. I had figured he could feed his troops with magic until near the end when I discovered at least some of his troops were starving.

He tried to go into the eastern sea and got kicked back out by the giants. Had Kailasa finished taking out the giants on land we would have been going after that sea. He had more astral casters than I did but at the end I was beginning to field Searphs. They would finally have given me the mobility to start harassing R'yleh. Also, the Kailasa/Sauromantia war meant my army no longer needed to watch the flank and could have been used offensively.

Long ago I realized there was no chance in the world of winning this, I was only looking to conquer the seas.