.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

winSPWW2- Save $5.00
World Supremacy- Save $10.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old December 4th, 2008, 07:54 PM

Corporal

Dectilon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spells that allowed summons to bolster an other player's/indy province

Well, I could take a freak lord, take -3 on all scales and play with that for rpg-purposes :P

I'm not proposing removing those pretenders, I'm proposing they be changed.

I'm not having performance issues (at least I don't think I do). The projectiles move slowly inately. Why should a vine arrow be any slower than a normal arrow? : /

Last edited by Dectilon; December 4th, 2008 at 07:57 PM..
Old December 4th, 2008, 08:02 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spells that allowed summons to bolster an other player's/indy province

If you took -3 on all scales it wouldn't matter what pretender you took, you would BE a freak lord.

You can always have the game fast-forward through parts that move slow. Just press F.
Old December 4th, 2008, 08:03 PM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

-3 on all scales isn't that bad.....
Old December 4th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Tifone is on a distinguished road

I feel to remember everybody that if you don't like spells going so slow just press F and it activates the fast forward mode. F again and it returns normal way. F and F again, you practically skip the flight of the vine arrow if you do with timing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tifone For This Useful Post:
Old December 4th, 2008, 10:35 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Thanks Tifone. I remembered there was a button but I couldnt remember what it was.

As to -3 scales, there are nations which can make good use of any scales that others cant. For instance, with Pangaea I often take negs in order and production. With Ulm I often take negs in magic, water nations neg in temperature, Ermor neg in growth.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old December 4th, 2008, 11:15 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

I might take -3 in one or two things, but even as ermor I wouldn't take -3 to all scales. I would want probably luck 3 and neutral magic.
Old December 4th, 2008, 11:32 PM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road

I rarely if ever play with less than 2 positive Luck on *any* Nation, no matter the scales. I'd frankly find very useful a mod that gave every Nation in the game an immobile, unteleportable, 100% bad event negator, so that I wouldn't have to worry about losing my temple or lab in my Capital.

That's the primary reason I take Luck 2 or 3, but sadly it's reason enough to do it every time.
Old December 5th, 2008, 12:35 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Ive taken massive neg scales. With the right nation, and low dominion, it might not affect you much. The benefit is to get the maximum in blesses.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old December 5th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Tifone is on a distinguished road

...Or for the Awakened SC imho

Well LA Ermor is pretty much the king of negative scales. I usually play it all negative except Luck 3 and Magic 3 (to compensate for all the mages I will have to keep on summoning).

Also Kailasa, if you wanna play a full bless strategy (which I never manage to do too well, and it's just funnier to go with lotsa monkeys!!) I think you just really can go with T3S3H3D3L3M3. (Which leaves lots of points for experimenting a good bless... but never enough )

Gandalf: why massive negative temp on water nations? It's just a thematic thing of the cold oceans or you see some advantage in this? (The n00b in me always needs to learn )

Last edited by Tifone; December 5th, 2008 at 06:30 AM..
Old December 5th, 2008, 06:48 AM

Corporal

Dectilon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifone View Post
I feel to remember everybody that if you don't like spells going so slow just press F and it activates the fast forward mode. F again and it returns normal way. F and F again, you practically skip the flight of the vine arrow if you do with timing.
I start every battle with hitting 'F'. I think it's still too slow. Not normal attacks and normal arrows; just spells.