.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

View Poll Results: Trading commanders is an exploit?
Yes 5 10.64%
No 42 89.36%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 30th, 2010, 04:37 PM

Captain

Jarkko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Trading commanders, exploit or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldor View Post
I have, many times. Just put 1-2 really cheap items on a diseased mage, it should be enough to trigger the script.
I just ran twenty times (on twenty consequtive turns, so not a save game) a test with an Ulmish Cyclops (E9) scripted Earthquake&cast spells with 20 earth gems in his inventory. Ulm also had in the province 250 warriors and 20 PD. I attacked that with a single Pan (plus a random number of maenads, between 0 and 20) who had equipped a Snake Ring, Bear Claw Talisman, Stinger and Thorn Spear, scripted with Summon Earthpower Retreat.

The Cyclop didn't once cast Earthquake in those twenty tests.

Now if you see WMD spells cast often in similar situations and I haven't, and didn't see even once in this test (with CBM 1.6 btw), then either of us has encountered a weird fluke. I wonder if others have time to run similar tests to check which one of us two has encountered the fluke.
Old January 30th, 2010, 04:45 PM

BANNED USER

Trumanator is on a distinguished road

Jarkko, if you're doing tests do you think you can also do it with the movement impairment issue? As in script the clops the same but have him and the warriors set to attack a prov, with the pan attacking their originating province.
Old January 30th, 2010, 04:52 PM

Captain

Jarkko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumanator View Post
Jarkko, if you're doing tests do you think you can also do it with the movement impairment issue? As in script the clops the same but have him and the warriors set to attack a prov, with the pan attacking their originating province.
Sure, I can do that, although I expect a series of ten tests is not enough for that sort of a test. The number of maenads would have to be standard too, and it would actually require several tests with different set-ups (maybe three test series would be enough; a lone Pan, a Pan with 10 maenads, a Pan with 50 maenads) to get any stastical validity.

However, that will have to wait for tomorrow or Monday, as I'm about to hit bed now
Old January 30th, 2010, 11:35 PM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldor View Post
I have, many times. Just put 1-2 really cheap items on a diseased mage, it should be enough to trigger the script.
I just ran twenty times (on twenty consequtive turns, so not a save game) a test with an Ulmish Cyclops (E9) scripted Earthquake&cast spells with 20 earth gems in his inventory. Ulm also had in the province 250 warriors and 20 PD. I attacked that with a single Pan (plus a random number of maenads, between 0 and 20) who had equipped a Snake Ring, Bear Claw Talisman, Stinger and Thorn Spear, scripted with Summon Earthpower Retreat.

The Cyclop didn't once cast Earthquake in those twenty tests.

Now if you see WMD spells cast often in similar situations and I haven't, and didn't see even once in this test (with CBM 1.6 btw), then either of us has encountered a weird fluke. I wonder if others have time to run similar tests to check which one of us two has encountered the fluke.

I'm willing to bet that if you look at the log you will see a malus for gem cost.

Basicly, the ai rates the success of various spells, and then downgrades the effectivess of the spell for the gem cost. Oh, and excessive fatigue too.
Old January 31st, 2010, 04:17 AM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

Heck, I would probably use the Bogus Commanders orders at this point, if I could. I have never managed to do it, nor seen anyone else do it. I think it would be a bit like a home run, if someone managed to use it effectivly

I occasionally post something useful.