.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old September 28th, 2008, 11:04 AM

Lieutenant General

Xietor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: KingMaker - let the Ascension War commence!

In other news, LA Arcos. did manage to win one battle against the mighty Ulm forces. And fortunately that was the one that mattered as it netted us a new castle.

The heads of the treaty breakers decorate the walls of the captured fort like ornaments. While LA Arcoscephale is quite civilized, Ruin is not.

As an aside, Ulmish scouts may not realize it, but EA Atlantis is not really at war with you. They attacked Marignon, kailasa, EA Ctis, Lanka, and every land race that had a border with them. You are merely the last to push them back into the water.
Old September 28th, 2008, 11:51 AM

General

Zeldor is on a distinguished road

Darkwind:

I did see that battles, they are nothing compared to what I had that turn

LA Agartha guide
Old September 28th, 2008, 12:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

Darkwind is on a distinguished road

@Xietor: A small garrison of Smiths stands no chance against a horde of Elephants, though I did manage to give a few casualties, which is still much above my previous expectations of a horrible massacre with no casualties on your side. Also, if civilized means loving small children a bit too much for comfort, well, I suppose LA Arcoscephale is the very height of civilization. For the EA Atlantis comment, are any of them at war with someone who has twice their province number, army size, and research, as well? I don't claim to be powerful, just that I'm exceeding my own (admittedly low) expectations.

@Zeldor: Still, they were huge for me since I'm admittedly a very minor power and it's a miracle I've lasted this long, considering I came into this war unprepared for anything Xietor threw at me. I'm still not ready to take on some of the stuff, like his Bane Lords. It'll be a miracle if I survive this war, being attacked on every side by three nations, all of which (except EA Atlantis I guess, so rather 66% of which) are more powerful than me. Even with the proverbial cavalry coming to my rescue and attacking Arcoscephale.
Old September 28th, 2008, 01:21 PM

Lieutenant General

"are any of them at war with someone who has twice their province number, army size, and research, as well?"

Yes me, considering i am fighting Bandar Log and LA Marignon, as well as you. Look at bandar Log's research compared to mine. They also have at least one GOR tartarian Cyclops, as well as their conj. 9 national summons. If you think banelords are bad. heh.

And LA Marignon has many Harbingers angels of Fury, and Blood Hunters. Shrug. So MA Ulm is seeing about 5 percent of my army. The rest has been gated out to fight 2 very powerful nations.
Old September 28th, 2008, 01:40 PM

Captain

atul is on a distinguished road

Fighting Bandar Log? Seriously? We haven't fought a single battle against LA Arcoscephale, been at serene peace.

But, if that Leprosy casting (while our NAP was still in effect, by the way) was your way of calling it a fight, it goes down to semantics. Oh well, you can't fight with semantics, at least a winning battle.
Old September 28th, 2008, 02:25 PM

Colonel

DonCorazon is on a distinguished road

Very nice report Darkwind. Utgard always appreciates a rousing battle tale and for all its claims of literacy, Arcosephale seems to be in a period of artistic stagnation. Its once great authors like Cor2-iticus or Twan-iad have passed on while the current voyeuristic regime spends more time snapping screenshots of its foes than generating any entertaining pieces of literature (who knows what perverse uses these images provide the deviants of Arcos?).

At any rate, the Sethkona who rarely publicize their predictions outside of the National Enquirer, now declare the three cryptic signs to look out for that shall foretell the demise of LA Arcosephale:

The first sign will be a chicken coated in tasty sauce wearing an admiral's hat shaking hands with a yellow monkey;

The second sign will be a blue wolf crashing into trees, losing any games of chance, and regurgitating a long golden spear;

The final sign will be a giant that looks like ex-professional NBA player Karl Malone throwing down endless storm bolts upon a pile of dusty tomes.

When you have seen these things, know that the end draws nigh!!!
i crossed blades with the mightiest warriors of the golden age. i witnessed with sorrow the schism that led to the passing of legends. now my sword hangs in its scabbard, with nothing but memories to keep it warm.
Old September 28th, 2008, 03:10 PM

Lieutenant General

I tend to think troops massing on my border, with a nap cancellation is at least a prelude to war. True there have been no battles fought yet, but I am expecting them soon.

I cast no hostile spells during the existence of a nap. A NAP 3 is in existence during the turn it is terminated, but that counts as turn 1 of the notice, next turn is 2, and next turn is 3 and final turn of peace.

I actually took pains to spell it out turn by turn with your ally, and with Ulm, to avoid any confusion.

Since Ruin has no treaties with the Werewolves, he need not trouble assigning a bureaucrat to teach the illiterate to count . The Council has been disbanded by Ruin. Their counsel is no longer needed to run the Empire.
Ruin has lived for ages, and he recalls memories of feasting on roasted werewolf. Though he need not eat, it gives him pleasure nonetheless to subsume lesser creatures. Should any be foolish enough to wander into his lands, a spit is their likely fate.

Last edited by Xietor; September 28th, 2008 at 03:34 PM..
Old September 28th, 2008, 03:51 PM

Captain

atul is on a distinguished road

Hm, apparently it was then just our of our smaller monkeys that went "one, two, BANANA! ....um... two, THREE!"

Or then I've never been quite in in these rules. Some think that 1 turn NAP means one turn of peace after declarations. That's why I don't like to deal with NAPs. Unhygienic stuff, you never know where one has been.
Old September 28th, 2008, 04:47 PM

Lieutenant General

The small peaceful empire of Ruin is now covered with horrors, demons, angels of fury, harbingers, armies with admiral caps and orange shields, monkeys. We even got hit by a dozen seeking arrows, ghost riders, and various other sc's.

Ruin now concludes by anyone's method of counting to three, his empire is now at war with Bandar Log, LA Marignon, and Ulm. And since we know your allied with them and have only stayed your hand out of naked fear of Ruin, we declare war on Utgard as well.

There you have it. 4 v 1. Just like the last Big Game. Even Zeldor should be happy that I now have a challenge.

Last edited by Xietor; September 28th, 2008 at 05:08 PM..
Old September 28th, 2008, 04:52 PM

General

Zeldor is on a distinguished road

I will be happy if LA Mari gets some challenge too.

LA Agartha guide