.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old January 27th, 2010, 07:18 PM

Captain

sansanjuan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tarrax - Newbie Game (running) - EA 4-8 players on tiny/small random map

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb View Post
Well,I think we might as well call it a day and declare sansanjuan the winner. Unless either of you wants to draw it to the bitter end?
I'm easy either way (though my 2 hr turns are driving the wife to distraction... .
-ssj

"I yam what I yam" - Popeye
Old January 30th, 2010, 02:23 PM

Corporal

Hurmio is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tarrax - Newbie Game (running) - EA 4-8 players on tiny/small random map

Thanks for the fun! It was nice trying out a new nation in the end game. I got butchered pretty fast, but i don't mind.
Old January 30th, 2010, 05:52 PM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurmio View Post
Thanks for the fun! It was nice trying out a new nation in the end game. I got butchered pretty fast, but i don't mind.
Hurmio,
You played very well from a tough starting position. I have new found respect for devils (as my dead tarts can attest to). Those Tzitzimtl (sp?) were absolutely astounding tart killers. I finally figured out I needed a ring of poison to get to poison 200 so after invulnerability my poison resist would still be 100%. I think the Tz devils were most effective when you had them attack on the first turn before tart's buffs had kicked in. If you had even one more I probably would still be fighting them. Odd that the game said "Ulm routs" and my Tart kept fighting.. May post on that. I shudder to think what a half dozen raiding parties with 5 or six Tzs in each would do.
-ssj

jmb : Per your earlier thread let me know if you want to play on. I understand if you want to keep going and try out some new tactics. That said my other game is getting "hot" and I wouldn't mind devoting more time to it.

Last edited by sansanjuan; January 30th, 2010 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: Edit : The Hell sword made him Berserk.. that why he didn't rout .. doh!
Old January 31st, 2010, 05:27 PM

Corporal

jmb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansanjuan View Post
jmb : Per your earlier thread let me know if you want to play on. I understand if you want to keep going and try out some new tactics. That said my other game is getting "hot" and I wouldn't mind devoting more time to it.
No, that's ok we can stop here. Congratulations and thanks everyone for a great game.
Old January 31st, 2010, 07:12 PM

Corporal

Tarrax is on a distinguished road

So it looks like we have a winner. Congratulations sansanjuan. I'd like to thank everyone who played. I hope to see everyone in Tarrax2! I might organize that soon.
Old January 31st, 2010, 09:24 PM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb View Post
Quote:
No, that's ok we can stop here. Congratulations and thanks everyone for a great game.
JMB,

Your "Ladies" gave me fits . It would have been risky but I wonder if you would have risked single raiders and hit more territories in the initial surprise attack (the overall strategy was excellent in any event).

I found I had little chance raiding you as your flying PD smeared my stealthy test raiders before they could light up any buffs..

Did you have fog warriors researched? That is an excellent spell for the air queen and would have made the magma kids very very tough.

Great game all. I learned a lot from all of you. Let me know if anyone wants a turn file.

-ssj

Old February 1st, 2010, 06:40 PM

Corporal

jmb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Your "Ladies" gave me fits . It would have been risky but I wonder if you would have risked single raiders and hit more territories in the initial surprise attack
Well, I tried that against the AI and I found that losses were very high when using them singly. The best compromise appears to be to use them in pairs, which can take out most reasonable PD plus the odd roving commander and bodyguard.

Quote:
(the overall strategy was excellent in any event).
Thanks Too little, too late unfortunately.

Quote:
I found I had little chance raiding you as your flying PD smeared my stealthy test raiders before they could light up any buffs..

Did you have fog warriors researched? That is an excellent spell for the air queen and would have made the magma kids very very tough.
Actually, I had just about maxed out the research in everything but blood. OTOH, it was the first game where I really reached late game (not counting SP which is too easy by that point) so I'm not really familiar with the truly powerful spells and tactics.