.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old September 22nd, 2008, 09:43 PM

Sergeant

Ubercat is on a distinguished road
Default What say you good people?

There are only three of us left in this game and both of you are probably much stronger than I am. Does it seem like one of you has a clear advantage? I'd be happy to concede if one of you does as well. It would free us up to get into new games.

It was a big mistake of me to take EA Pangaea. I don't know what I thought I was going to accomplish. They're crippled by a lack of death magic which their best spells require.

"I'm not convinced that faith can move mountains, but I've seen what it can do to skyscrapers." -William H. Gascoyne
Old September 23rd, 2008, 03:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

Ossa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FreshMeat - new thread, and game started!

Yes, Formoria defenitly has a clear advantage.

I'd say he is the winner of this game. I hoped to come up as the laughing third while Llanka and Formoria bash each others armies, but the giants are too stron for this.

I'm quite happy about being alive so late in the game though
Old September 23rd, 2008, 04:26 PM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

'Hi All', or should that just be 'Hi Ubercat and Ossa' now?

It certainly looks like I have a very strong position now as Fomoria. I'd guess it's close to being unstoppable, although this is my first MP game to get anywhere near that sort of stage, so I'm not exactly an expert on when a nation becomes unstoppable.

Must say I'm a bit disappointed at the pretty sudden end to my 'competitive' wars with Sauromatia and Lanka. Although one of the main probs with any game that last 2-3 months is that at certain times people are inevitably going to drop out, and there's nothing anyone can do about it Sad, but that's just part of the game I guess.

I'd be happy to accept a concession victory at this point. Sauromatia are now effectively dead, since the AI tried busting out of some sieges last turn with disastrous consequences. Think that's one of the AI's weakest points, as 'Executor' (or any human player) would certainly never have tried it. Fomoria v Lanka promised to be a real tough war, and one I was looking forward too, as it would be my first ever real taste of a late game MP battle But that won't happen now against the AI, as I've beaten the AI enough times in SP to know it'll be a seriously one-sided affair from here on.

So 'Ubercat' and 'Ossa', if you are both happy to concede at this point then I'll accept it, and give you both my thanks for being part of an enjoyable game, and along with my thanks to all the other players of course I know I'd appreciate the extra time I'd free up for my other games if this one did come to an end. Coordinating multiple Cloud Trapezers and Teleporters per turn is a real time munching exercise that's for sure!
Old September 23rd, 2008, 09:05 PM

Sergeant

Ubercat is on a distinguished road

'Grats, Calahan. I'll go and set myself to AI now. If Ossa does the same then the game should end on it's own, I think.

"I'm not convinced that faith can move mountains, but I've seen what it can do to skyscrapers." -William H. Gascoyne
Old September 24th, 2008, 02:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

Ossa is on a distinguished road

Will do.

Congrats for the win!