Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Tophats: Squirreloid wins! - Page 14 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 12th, 2010, 06:27 PM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tophats - The Gentleman's Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelloid View Post
Huh, it just told me I staled, despite receiving confirmation of turn receipt for the last turn I received, and in the meantime Llamaserver was waiting to be updated and not sending any turns. Did we all stale a turn?

Hmm... it appears turn 28 was the last one I sent and this is turn 30... So what happened to turn 29?
It sounds like you never received turn 29. This thing has occasionally popped up with llamaserver, where it just fails to send the file to some player during the hosting.

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.
Old March 12th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsaber View Post
Quote:
Huh, it just told me I staled, despite receiving confirmation of turn receipt for the last turn I received, and in the meantime Llamaserver was waiting to be updated and not sending any turns. Did we all stale a turn?

Hmm... it appears turn 28 was the last one I sent and this is turn 30... So what happened to turn 29?
It sounds like you never received turn 29. This thing has occasionally popped up with llamaserver, where it just fails to send the file to some player during the hosting.
Sure, its possible, but I seem to recall sending a turn file shortly before the llamaserver went on delay for patching, and so i imagine it would have hosted during the delay, meaning i should have received turn 29 following the server patch. Or am I really confused?
Old March 13th, 2010, 01:23 AM

Grijalva

So, what are we doing about this problem? Does Squirrelloid just need to bite the bullet and take a stale? Or do we do something else?

I ask because I need to do my turn in shortly if we are proceeding.

thanks
Old March 13th, 2010, 05:28 AM

Captain

cleveland is on a distinguished road

- - - . . . - - -

- - - . . . - - -

- - - . . . - - -

The great Capricorn hope is fading. We'll be dom-killed in approximately 3 turns.

Won't anybody contest the seas!?!?!?!!!!!111?!1/11//!?!
Old March 13th, 2010, 10:31 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsaber View Post

Sure, its possible, but I seem to recall sending a turn file shortly before the llamaserver went on delay for patching, and so i imagine it would have hosted during the delay, meaning i should have received turn 29 following the server patch. Or am I really confused?
Sorry. The turn now hosted, should've had postponed the turn but I had just gotten back from work and was dead tired an just forgot. Hopefully you can bite the stale? Rolling back two turns would be... extreme.

I'll add a warning to the game page that the game might be having problems sending .trn files.

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.
Old March 14th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Major General

I'm fine eating the stale, I'm just confused is all. Mostly, I would have actually liked to see turn 29....
Old March 14th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Major General

It was a great victory, at least that's what the history scrolls would say. But many warriors, dead and not quite dead, gave what was left of their eternal lives in the opening hour of the engagement. A memorial should be erected here.

A Funerary procession wound its way back to the capital, carrying the remains of over a dozen honored high priests who valiantly died in battle. But Atankhara could not do more than briefly pay his respect as the silent pilgrimage wound its way homeward, his was the task of reorganizing the remaining forces.

The enemy was totally annihilated, his magical might destroyed. Now was the time to end this conflict and reclaim lands which had long ago been theirs. Already, more troops freshly woken from their slumber marched to join their position. They would pour like water over a sill into the underground warrens of their enemy, and drown them in their own blood.
Old March 15th, 2010, 10:08 AM

Grijalva

Glug has been slain! beaten to death by Giant ice elementals. Oh well, he'll be back in a few turns.

Cleveland, I should have known you would try to destroy my holding force since you were under the impression that you were about to be dom-killed.

However, you're dominion is alive and well in the polar-caps.

Now that I think about it, its probably better that you spent those 100+wgems now rather then when I was trying to storm your cap.

Nonetheless, I tip my hat to your powerful volley!
Old March 16th, 2010, 12:04 AM

Captain

cleveland is on a distinguished road

I was merely applying the lesson you so deftly taught me, kind sir! After all, what kind of gentleman would I be if I didn't repay your earlier favor?

Indeed, Tophats, it seems that Oceania has some fight left in her! Strike the seas now! The Atlantian menu is quite boring without the calamari!
Old March 20th, 2010, 03:55 AM

Grijalva

Ethereal, quickened monster fish are quite delicious actually. If you can managed to kill one and cook it up, that is...