.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 4th, 2011, 01:55 PM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ANDalusian Sun: Anonymous LA Game for experienced players. (Submit Pretenders)

Does that mean that pretenders need to be recreated?- Hopefully the answer is no
Old April 4th, 2011, 02:14 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ANDalusian Sun: Anonymous LA Game for experienced players. (Submit Pretenders)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithLord View Post
Does that mean that pretenders need to be recreated?- Hopefully the answer is no
I can't imagine it being necessary, but I'll let Calahan/Llamabeast/someone else answer for certain, since, as we've established, I don't know anything about mo... erm... I mean...

Since I'm clearly a master modder I've ingeneously made sure you do not have to remake your pretender and have nothing at all to worry about. (Pssst, Calahan: Back me up on this will you? So I can remove the small text before the editing time limit expires.)
The Following User Says Thank You to Amhazair For This Useful Post:
Old April 4th, 2011, 02:28 PM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amhazair View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithLord View Post
I can't imagine it being necessary, but I'll let Calahan/Llamabeast/someone else answer for certain, since, as we've established, I don't know anything about mo... erm... I mean...

Since I'm clearly a master modder I've ingeneously made sure you do not have to remake your pretender and have nothing at all to worry about. (Pssst, Calahan: Back me up on this will you? So I can remove the small text before the editing time limit expires.)
I'm 95% certain that you don't need to recreate Pretenders. Since as far as I know (regarding the cheat detection process for Pretender design), when the game is created it checks that each Pretender can be created for the game exactly as it is in the Pretender file that was submitted. If it can't recreate it exactly, and with the exact same remaining design points, then it reports a cheat message.

So unless Amhazair did something to the Pretenders (which I highly doubt) then all should be fine. As in theory, you can still create certain Pretenders in vanilla for CBM games (for example, I don't think CBM touches the Lich). But obviously don't do that just because you 'might' be able to

@ Amhazair

Good work sorting those sites out, and many thanks for your efforts. We'll get this game started yet (who needs llamabeast In fact, llamawho?)

I've also created an icon for your mod if you want to use it.

Just put the image in the same directory as the .dm file, and insert the #icon command near the start of the mod file, like so...

#modname "Andalusian Sun"
#description "No description"
#version 0.2
#icon "Andalusian.tga"
#domversion 3.26
Attached Files
File Type: zip Icon Image for Andalusian Mod.zip (10.4 KB, 102 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Calahan For This Useful Post:
Old April 5th, 2011, 06:29 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

Wow. Seems there's been a few thousand words of concern while I've been away. Can't help but feel there's a degree of much ado about nothing (I particularly don't understand the worry about wishing), but much respect to Amhazair for taking up modding from scratch and getting it working - nice one.

I am not certain that the gems on holy sites was necessary - some of them are pretty strong actually I think - but I haven't looked into it closely or done the maths so I won't comment for now. In any case adding the gems will probably increase the fun factor, and I will look more carefully at the maths later to see if it would be a good idea to implement for the base mod. Quite possibly it's a good improvement.

The pretenders will be fine.

Anyway, definitely keen to get started as this looks like it will be an awesome game. Great lineup of players, and I'm also keen to get a chance to play with Burnsaber's mod. Plus this will be my first ever (R)AND game so it'll be cool to try out the concept.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
The Following User Says Thank You to llamabeast For This Useful Post:
Old April 6th, 2011, 12:40 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamabeast View Post
Can't help but feel there's a degree of much ado about nothing
I mostly agree, in the sence that any issues were really minor and I would personally have been perfectly happy to ignore them and start out with the separate mods as they were. On the other hand, if a little effort can get rid of even the minor objections and make everyone a little happier, then why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamabeast
Anyway, definitely keen to get started as this looks like it will be an awesome game. Great lineup of players, and I'm also keen to get a chance to play with Burnsaber's mod. Plus this will be my first ever (R)AND game so it'll be cool to try out the concept.
Oh, my! We have a RAND virgin! I would suggest to be gentle with him, but unfortunately the anonymous nature of the game makes that quite difficult. Chomping at the bit myself too.

Calahan: I actually really like the banner image you made. (Holliday, baby!) However I didn't want to clutter the Llamaserver, nor confuse everyone further with yet another new version of the same mod. Am I right in assuming that if I edit the mod with the banner in question people can subsitute the newest version for the old one, while the Llamaserver keeps running with the old one? (As the banner doesn't actually change any content.) If that is the case I will arrange it once we're we'll and truly underway so those who want a banner can use it, and those who prefer to live without extra hassle can ignore it.
Old April 6th, 2011, 01:24 PM

First Lieutenant

Dimaz is on a distinguished road

I added master pasword to the game, in case someone sends the password protected pretender and then disappear for some reason. Only one pretender left. Good game everyone, and let the most skillful win!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dimaz For This Useful Post:
Old April 7th, 2011, 01:51 AM

First Lieutenant

Dimaz is on a distinguished road

So the game finally started. Just a quick reminder: if you want to contact me, the best way is to use PM here, but if the speed is crucial, I think the fastest way to reach me is to write to gmail box dimazzz80. Also, current hosting time (2:00) will prevent me from adding last-minute delays, as I'm sleeping at that time. Please keep this in mind.
Old April 7th, 2011, 07:46 AM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

Can I please request that turn reminders be set to 12 hours (if nobody objects), as I find 6 hour reminders more annoying than useful. (in the sense that it's very annoying when they arrive whle I'm sleeping, and telling me that hosting is also taking place while I'm sleeping As that's like rubbing salt into the stale you've just woken up to )

In fact @ llamabeast - Any chance you could change the default reminder on the llamaserver to 12 hours instead of 6? As it's very rare I see players saying "I like 6 hour reminders", but I often see players saying "I don't like 6 hour reminders". Please and Thank You
Old April 7th, 2011, 07:57 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Wee! Game On! I'm off to see which corner of Andalusia I'll be whiling away my days in for the next couple of months. (Hopefully)
Old April 7th, 2011, 08:27 AM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

Calahan - yes! Good point. That has been annoying me too but I haven't gotten around to changing it. I will try to do so tonight.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to llamabeast For This Useful Post: