Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old January 16th, 2023, 01:23 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,239 Times in 927 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

Don,
You'll need these (Or some other.) for T-80BVM UNITS 046 AND 048. The current tank pictures are of the T-80BV.

Distinctions are in... "The improved protection suite is what gives the T-80BVM its new look. Older Kontakt-1 ERA of the T-80BV has been replaced by new Relikt ERA. This covers large portions of the skirts, the hull front and the frontal arc of the turret. Relikt is not only effective against HEAT warheads, but also increased protection against kinetic projectiles. The main armor of the T-80BV remains unaltered. The rear of the tank has been fitted with cage armor, providing a degree of protection against HEAT warheads. There are reports that Arena-M active protection system is to be fitted in the near future." ORNX clearly shows they.

Also, not noted is that the T-80BVM are not equipped with rear mounted fuel tanks as currently shown in the OOB.

These are Ukrainian captured units in use (They have ~35 at this time.). The Ukrainian 93rd Mechanized Battalion is the only one I've found using them so far.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ukrainian T-80BVM 93rd Mech Brigade.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	16814 Click image for larger version

Name:	Ukrainian captured T-80BVM.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	16815

Refs for further validation...
https://weaponsystems.net/system/835-T-80BVM
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...bvm_tanks.html
https://tass.com/defense/1098733

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old January 16th, 2023, 12:59 PM

Lieutenant General

Stupidity comes in MANY forms. I provide one real life example while I was onboard at that time PCU NEBRASKA SSBN-739 @ Electric Boat (EB) Groton, CT. IN '92/'93.

A senior Torpedo Man (TM) First Class (E6) while searching for wire suitable for hooking up the speakers to his home entertainment and music system in the shipyard came across the "find of his life" when he came across more than he needed, and we all know "more is better".

After work he promptly went home with his "treasure" hooked everything up, inspected his work and found all was in order. When he turned it on, he blew up all his equipment, was thrown across the room and suffered from burns on his hands and body and also managed to start a fire in his house. Fortunately, his Wife and kids were in another room at the time and suffered no injuries.

He would make the USN wide QTRLY. Safety Bulletin (A TM1/SS at...) and as you can imagine launch an investigation leading to fines against the contractor for improper disposal of an explosive equip. and more.

The bottom line here is don't use DETONATION CORDS FOR YOUR HOME ELECTRONICS!!!! You know what's coming...

So, in the spirit of the above, and to "lighten up" the mood around here let's start with the following video I sometimes wish I could use it at work however it might seem inappropriate. One of my heroes from back in the day...
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?&...VRV&ajaxhist=0

So, in a bid to do the same as all above a Russian Sargent does this...
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...b693c2264f76d9

Ammo we got that to...
https://www.newsweek.com/russian-sol...nition-1773898

Tank repairs we also have that...
https://www.newsweek.com/russia-acci...lgorod-1773639

There were also several reports last week of a Russian artillery crew blowing themselves and their "tube" up while conducting an attack.

All tragic and it's what happens on a battlefield when in constant contact with your adversary.

Cartman and I hope you won't handle any explosive devices anytime soon and because Cartman is afterall Cartman...
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?&...VRV&ajaxhist=0

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; January 16th, 2023 at 07:51 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old January 16th, 2023, 04:34 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,494 Times in 2,714 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: MBT's

Oi!

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..
Old January 19th, 2023, 12:45 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Just an FYI - I have decided that the Captured Russian tanks will stay in the Ukrainian OOB but they all will be given the 159 Unit class = "Captured tanks" So they will not show up in normal Ukrainian armoured formations but will be available in one and twos.

The APC's etc for now are in normal formation UC's

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old January 19th, 2023, 05:48 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post

Also, not noted is that the T-80BVM are not equipped with rear mounted fuel tanks as currently shown in the OOB.
Agreed the photos of these things do not show rear fuel tanks

BUT

But NOTE the cradles to hold them ARE there

Last edited by DRG; January 19th, 2023 at 06:02 PM..
Old January 19th, 2023, 07:58 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Should be an interesting day tomorrow... MAYBE

Quote:
Story by Reuters • 3h ago

Estonia (Reuters) - Several countries will announce sending Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine on Friday at a meeting at the German Ramstein Air Base, the Lithuanian defence minister said on Thursday.
"pledging" is one thing..... the M-84 comes to mind....... it's what crosses the border that counts

Old January 20th, 2023, 12:43 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Just more dithering

Quote:
Ukraine will have to wait longer for the battle tanks it says it needs from Western allies in order to recapture territory occupied by Russia.

A meeting of U.S. and European defense ministers failed to come to any agreement on the delivery of main battle tanks Friday, Germany's new Defense Minister Boris Pistorius told reporters after the meeting at Ramstein Air Base.

Old January 20th, 2023, 01:42 PM

Lieutenant General

i SHOULD BE IN THE SHOWER BUT SAW THIS. sTORY GOOD SCROLL TO BOTTOM FOR WHY i'M not WERE i SHOULD BE now!!

https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...yker_apcs.html

Pat

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old January 20th, 2023, 06:23 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Wonderful.........

Old January 21st, 2023, 01:21 PM

Lieutenant General

This has been inside my head for almost three months now and has come more to the forefront while working on my submission.

The country is currently taking a neutral stance on the Russian Ukrainian War though there is some talk within the country of maybe sending humanitarian aid.

There's also been no mention from the Western allies concerning this tank at all which is somewhat surprising given the push especially earlier in the war to get the Ukraine tanks they're used to operating.

The country I'm talking about has 48 such tanks that beat out at least one European, a couple of Russian and finally I believe it was one Chinese offering during those countries tank competition around 2010.

Need more? OK, ended up buying Chinese VT-4 tanks so that they could retire their M-48 "Bulldogs".

Time to end this "madness" and get it out of my head.

Besides the fact they REALLY like this tank, why at least publicly hasn't anyone approached Thailand concerning buying or trading for the 48 OPLOT-T tanks they have and sending them back to the Ukraine?

Just had to get that off my shoulder.

Regards,
Pat