.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old February 2nd, 2012, 05:49 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Bullock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Chosen Ones - Intermediate EA Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by vargr View Post
Haven't checked my turn yet but I would vote for playing on. If I understood correctly the main problem was Mictlan/admin staling, but as a minor power at this point, why not just leave them alone and let them stale?

I am, however, ok with quitting if others have lost interest. It's just a game, and has been fun and long enough already.
i have personally lost interest in playing EA Abysia, they are damn boring in the late stage of the game. However i can continue the game is few players want to.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 12:17 PM

Sergeant

Stretch is on a distinguished road

I am in favor of quitting and don't plan on submitting more turns. the process of either winning or losing is bound to take another 3 months and with no possibility of extension I can't keep up with the turns.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 03:05 PM

Corporal

vargr is on a distinguished road

Let's call it a game then. Thanks everyone!
Old February 4th, 2012, 10:28 PM

Sergeant

tratorix is on a distinguished road

Sorry for the disappearing act folks, been a real rough weak. Since the overwhelming opinion seems to be to call this a draw, I'll take it down whenever the llamaserver starts working again. Thanks to everyone for playing.
Old February 11th, 2012, 01:40 PM

Sergeant

Stretch is on a distinguished road

No problem tratorix, it's probably better this way since we managed to wind up with an end game which was going to drag out for awhile.

I was wondering how Burden of Time affected everyone. Did it really hurt you guys or did it just kind of tickle? Obviously I wanted it to go on a little longer (and had 170 death gems in it) but it got replaced by another global.

Some things I learned:
- Cheap/PD fire mages can blindness spam, so fire-immune grendel thugs that only have 21 MR can still get compromised by raiding.
- Blood is still very strong, even with the CBM nerf, if you can be one of the top 2 blood nations in the game.
- If you're fighting a large battle against a nation that can't banish to inferno, just send your thugs barreling out the front door to wreak havoc. Give them MR because confusion spam is annoying!
- Bone grinding is mundane damage and doesn't crack mistform. I didn't test this but I recall it happening when I fought Caelum. If this is valid, then strong death nations (anyone that can get a natural 4D caster) that could scrape together an air caster that can cast fog warriors could potentially have an amazing first round attack on large armies.
- "Endgame Diversity" means that water and fire gems are incredibly useful. Giant Krakens with an Earth pick + luck amulet + girdle of might + antimagic amulet (or ring of regen) rule the water. Grendelkin (and maybe wendigo)rule the land. Zmeys make fire nations able to raid incredibly well, and Ember Lords are fantastic. Treants with 200 HP mean that you can cast Mass Regeneration every battle and rarely lose your caster. Unfortunately it seems like maximizing the number of these late-game, godlike summons you can field is almost the entire endgame now. It seemed that if you maximize expenditure in these high HP, high re-use units you'll do a lot better than if you waste resources on units with less than 150 total HP.

Last edited by Stretch; February 11th, 2012 at 01:58 PM..
Old February 11th, 2012, 03:25 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Bullock is on a distinguished road

Yeah Burden of Time replaced by my pyre ! And i was hoping it because i ve been hurt very badly:

ALL my blood mages were diseased in 2 turns (15-20maybe) and they are cap only ! (Unique spawn that i have to share with an excellent other F mage while the blood mage is kinda low for a cap only (2B 1S)). At this stage of the game, it just meant no more blood for me.
And i think i ve lost prolly 10% of my small fire mage, but BoT didn't remain long... So yeah BoT has been quite deadly on me as Abysia.

I won't describe every things i ve learned in this game cause it would take me hours.But i can say that infernal prison can solve many problem (never had the use of infernal prison when i was playing solo so i discovered it in this MP game) and thanks to you stretch the way to avoid it

Also learned a lot about SCs and gears, the way to counter and especially unique stuff and their use (thx again stretch).

But in the end game i felt quite stuck with only F mages.
You take some fire resist shaff (~50) plus 2 3 fireproof grendelkins and they are almost useless (only blind remains and it's quite weak against some descent magic res).
I had the blood amazones (1B1F) as indy who were nice since my blood are cap only. But some nasty flying undeads slaughtered them before i could see her true power (damn first turn of communion!).

But globally was a very good game i had much fun and learned many tricks
Old February 11th, 2012, 03:45 PM

Corporal

vargr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
I was wondering how Burden of Time affected everyone. Did it really hurt you guys or did it just kind of tickle? Obviously I wanted it to go on a little longer (and had 170 death gems in it) but it got replaced by another global.
The Eagle Kings, while long lived, start out only couple years from old age, so I had them diseased far too quickly. I had no growth scales either.

So I would say I was more than just tickled - rather pissed actually, and getting rid of the BoT was certainly a priority.

I liked playing Caelum (my first try at them) with their awesome fire(or thunder)power. Lot's of great battles, thanks to my opponents! I would have still liked to play on, but I agree that the situation was a long way from decided and end games on large maps are unreasonably laborous.