The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old July 12th, 2003, 04:44 PM

Sergeant

Cheeze is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Are you tough enough to be the "King of the Hill"?

Now THESE (Kazarp vs Slynky) have been some great Posts!!

Where's the ka-boom? There was supposed to be an Earth-shattering ka-boom!
Old July 12th, 2003, 06:51 PM

General

tesco samoa is on a distinguished road

dg did you say stellar in a koth game

Hey GUTB where did you go...???

He is still driving his mighty armada at 3 miles per month along the interstellar highway bypass and will be arriving shortly
Old July 12th, 2003, 09:02 PM

Captain

Grandpa Kim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by tesco samoa:
Yeah! What he said!

http://se4-gaming.net/
Old July 12th, 2003, 09:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

Roanon is on a distinguished road

Kilrah Clan (Roanon) -vs- United Floral Empire (Cheeze) 2401.1

Flowers. With a space ship. What has the universe come to these days...

We met early, and while the our methane atmosphere seems to be only an exotic error of nature in all previously explored systems, of course there are two juicy ones in the contested system. Sigh. While, on the other hand, half of the planets in the known galaxy seems to have Carbon Dioxide, that what passes as an atmosphere among these greenies. Sigh.

I'm trying to play with them a bit using my claws, maybe I can wed them out before they take root. I just hope they have no thorns, but risking one claw will not hurt - I hope... Otherwise I have to call for some more agressive pest control - bad weeds growing tall in my back guarden just goes too far.

[ July 12, 2003, 20:06: Message edited by: Roanon ]
Old July 12th, 2003, 11:45 PM

General

Slynky is on a distinguished road

Dundas Redneck Clan (Kazarp) -vs- Trithian Empire (Slynky) 2411.6

Well, Last few turns have had some excitement! I've been opening holes, wiping some planets, and retreating. Despite that, his colony count hasn't decreased significantly. He has 78 colonies to my 115.

A few battles here and there, the Last one a WHOPPER! He caught 23 of my BC's (19 warships) with a fleet of 86 ( ) (70 warships mostly LC's with some crusiers). I lost everything but due to higher-tech ships, managed to leave him with only 40 warships (I think) and some of those damaged. Nothing like a 130k combat file!

More fun to come, I suspect. Now I can take the hold off my shipyards that were building battleships (minerals now... ).

[ July 12, 2003, 22:48: Message edited by: Slynky ]
Old July 14th, 2003, 03:04 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

DavidG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Grandpa Kim:
quote:
Yeah! What he said!
Ditto!!!

This game came to a point where we both knew each other had a big fleet on the opposite warp point and each refused to blink and attack first. Slinky you mentioned that you should 'THINK' fist. Well my opinion is that maybe think too much. ('course I can see my ships that you can't) I think the game could have been over a while ago but we had a long cold war were neither attacked. (me because I knew you had the edge and could only defeat you by shooting first at a warp point,(Actually my fleet was set to invade the turn after you moved that fleet to defend the warp point!) ) Had you attacked at this time you would have found out what you now know.... I had no ships in 2 of the 3 key systems. Why? Because the only possible way to defeat your superior ships (in tech and numbers) was to amass my ships in one big fleet. Of course much has happend since then so we shall see what happens. (although I think the outcome is much the same as I though it would be 60 turns ago. )

(hope that long run on paragraph made sense. Too many beers at the Indy race today. )

[ July 14, 2003, 02:05: Message edited by: DavidG ]
Old July 14th, 2003, 03:20 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

DavidG is on a distinguished road

Can someone put some padded mattreses at the bottom of the hill? I been falling down there a lot lately. The Rednecks have surrender to Slinky's empire. (when half your entire fleet (and the fully trained half) gets killed by 20 ships it's time to give it up)

[ July 14, 2003, 02:30: Message edited by: DavidG ]
Old July 14th, 2003, 04:15 AM

General

Dundas Redneck Clan (Kazarp) -vs- Trithian Empire (Slynky) 2411.8

Yellow: Dundas Redneck Clan homeworld
Orange: Trithian Empire homeworld
Purple: Systems with no planets

Again, I apologize for playing safely. As I mentioned before, your skill at the game had me convinced I'd lose (though I planned to do my best). Also, I didn't like my starting position very well (and I felt that made it even worse).

So, a little summary (or for those who know me too well, maybe NOT so little ).

As I said before, it took my ships 4 turns just to get to the first colonizable system. And every ship I built down there had to travel 4 turns just to get the that system. Even longer to get "into play".

I saw the two places I wanted to set defenses at (numbered 1 and 2) but as I said in an earlier post, I didn't get set up. After I had colonized all I could in #2, I had a few ships go for defense. I never even controlled #1 as the Rednecks were able to share it with me (taking a huge breathable for himself). Many turns later, he began the assault I spoke of. Trashed all the systems at #2 and entered the next system to its southeast. I was able to stop him at #1, though. Finally, after 6 or 7 systems were wiped, I stopped his southeastward attack. This is where I began to play it safe.

I looked at the map and it appeared we had about half of it apiece. It took me several turns to stop his fleet that attacked at #2. But, he never followed up with the attack with more ships. I figured the second wave would follow (after all, I hadn't seen any new ships appear for 10 turns or so). When no second wave appeared, I assumed he had decided to blockade HIS side of the boundarys at #1 and #2. So, I did the same. By now, I was in first place but, that's just a small indicator. I had built the heck out of minerals and resource productions so I could build nothing but warships and THAT could have meant the score. So, I kept building MORE warships figuring he'd attack soon. Though I had lots of ships for defense, I also had to worry about if he had overloaded one side and THAT'S the side I might walk into if I chanced an attack. Or that he had built a bunch of capture ships (each of us had used them some). So, I didn't want to risk the game on an attack. Especially someone as crafty as Kazarp!

So, I took my chance and researched Ice. Built a lot of research and worked on Stellar Manip and Gas, too. That would be my way around the defensive points we had built up. Since I was hanging in first place and colonizing all types, I saw no reason to jepordize my position. While my "opener" and "closer" were building, I got Mineral 2 and then Mineral 3 and in-between, full phased shields ('cause I figured he'd have PPBs for sure when I would meet him again).

At game's end, I STILL don't know why he didn't have more tech than he did. I don't think his planet/system opportunities were bad (he certainly didn't have as many "useless" systems as I had on the south side).

So, once again, I apologize for "inserting" 40 boring turns. They weren't boring for me as I was scared of an attack each turn I received... )

Thanks, David, for the game. We managed 118 turns from July 2nd (our restart) to July 13th. Not a record but NOT bad!
Old July 14th, 2003, 04:18 AM

General

Ragnarok is on a distinguished road

The Beer Chuggers Group (Ragnarok) vs. The Chin Empire (GozGuy)

Stardate 2402.2 - Not much to report as of yet. No meeting as of yet and expansion is going greatly. I just hope I can afford the maint. on my large 30 ship fleet I have looking for Goz out there.

Stardate 2402.4 - First contact has been made. Things will get interesting now.
They were armed. With guns, said Omari.
Canadians. With guns. And a warship. What is this world coming to?
The dreaded derelict dwelling two ton devil bunny!
Every ship can be a minesweeper... Once
Old July 14th, 2003, 04:26 AM

General

Quote:
Hey, Tesco, by "stellar", do you mean Stellar Manipulation in a KOTH game?