.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old October 29th, 2003, 06:00 AM

Major General

Psitticine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Various questions about Dom II

Quote:
Originally posted by TomWChick:
BTW, I hope all these side-specific bonuses such as more expensive mercs, cheaper temples, and whatnot are listed somewhere! I haven't studied the nation descriptions closely and I don't have a final draft of the manual, but I'd hate to think those sort of important details are kept under the hood. On the whole, you guys did a fantastic job with the tool tips and I think it'll make the game a *lot* more accessible to new players.
Speaking of sending complaints to the editor, that'd be mostly me. I wish I could have documented every single facet of the game in the manual, but then it would need to come with its own UPS truck just to transport it around. Space and time considerations mean some things aren't in there (which, yeah, may not be great PR, but it's the truth) but I did try very hard to get in all the critical things. For example, I put in as much of the mathematics behind things as I could get my hands on! I think it is pretty solid, all in all.

For the rest, I'm hoping Online FAQs, the info stream from Illwinter, and the experiences of all the people here will fill in the gaps. They're mostly things like the fact Pangaea has a higher price for mercs. I never even heard about that one before!
Old October 29th, 2003, 03:35 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by TomWChick:
On the whole, you guys did a fantastic job with the tool tips and I think it'll make the game a *lot* more accessible to new players.
Im holding off most of my comments and wishlist but since you mentioned them.. my machine is too fast. I wish space-bar would pause tips like it pauses combat.

Quote:
Originally posted by Psitticine:
Speaking of sending complaints to the editor, that'd be mostly me. I wish I could have documented every single facet of the game in the manual, but then it would need to come with its own UPS truck just to transport it around.
Sounds like a market opportunity for someone to do a Strategy Guide

[ October 29, 2003, 13:36: Message edited by: Gandalf Parker ]
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old October 30th, 2003, 02:29 AM

Major General

Psitticine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Gandalf Parker:
quote:
Originally posted by Psitticine:
Speaking of sending complaints to the editor, that'd be mostly me. I wish I could have documented every single facet of the game in the manual, but then it would need to come with its own UPS truck just to transport it around.
Sounds like a market opportunity for someone to do a Strategy Guide
I'd love to do one. I'd rather have everything in the manual in the first place, but a seperate strategy guide would at least let people choose whether they want to pay for the additional printing costs or not.

Oh, Riiiichard!