.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > After Action Reports
Notices

Old January 7th, 2009, 10:18 AM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Strangest examples of good or bad luck?

A quite strange thing happened in WW2 to me, i directed some 6 inch guns to shoot some germans when trying to climb a hill, suddenly a tiger appeared, the shells landed right over it, remember i sayd 6 inch? it was 16inch, ouch ;D, i didnt pay attention when i plotted

bad luck was in MBT, i called some B1's to level a trenchline of about a mile long, i set bombardment to turn 3 o i could see if it was worth the points, my scouts reported only a weak rifle company in there, i had delayed the bombardment more 4 turns so we would hit the trench just after the bombs away message, i crush the company, and forgot to cancel the bomb run, you guys know what happens now dont you?
Old March 28th, 2011, 08:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road

Random mission, British advance on Syrians + allies, Challenger deployed VIRRS smoke, but it was hit from ATGM anyway (1% chance) and knocked out (critical hit)

'89, Danish defence against Polish assault. One M41DK with TI/GSR finished more than 4 T-72M1 tanks, dozen of APCs, circa ~60 dismounted infantrymen. Tank used its whole ammo for the main gun and was running of MGs ammunition, but I ordered him to retreat (he was deep behind enemy lines after all!). He survived crazy ride through enemy tanks and Shilkas, to finally participate as flag taker in counterattack. Yes, he survived.
Old February 19th, 2012, 09:46 PM

Private

Delta Wing is on a distinguished road

A single sniper succesfully assaulted a T-72 which drove next to it. It must have been like a scene from a bad action movie.

In a Finland vs Russia game the Russian AI once blasted a small village which could have been a good deployment zone with a huge TOS-1 barrage. I didn't have any units there at the moment. The Buratinos revealed themselves in the process and were then taken out by my own artillery.

I haven't had any really catastrophic luck. Some annoying friendly fire incidents with either aircraft or artillery. Worst was when an uncannily succesful mortar barrage from the enemy wiped out one of my infantry company HQs and a very experienced HMG team.
Old February 20th, 2012, 04:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road

@Delta Wing: about the sniper it happened to me 3 times in total (2 separate times I was the attacker and my victims were a T-72 and a T-64, and in another game in 1948 Golan my Renault ft17 fell victim to an Israeli sniper). Somehow a guy with a scoped rifle and a couple of grenades is an effective tank buster...