OFF-TOPIC:

narwan

is that you from the old list?

if not forget I said a thing,

if not then Hello! -

if not remember me, then dlazov or zovs2002

Cheers

BACK ON TOPIC:

Yes, its random, I had a squad with 88% exp in a campaign with 8 kills, get hit take 1 casualty, go to 99, then the next turn I rallied it down, next turn it got hit by massive arty and took 6 hits and dispersed. Rare, but such is life...
Old April 5th, 2007, 02:45 AM

Sergeant

Charles22 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Insta-rout?

So any ideas about the very early Polish tankettes being laden with smoke dischargers? They are at least in the 7TP's case. The OOB's show nothing of the sort, and neither does the in-game right-clicking of the unit.

In case you don't understand what I'm saying, I wouldn't expect that the AI would take three separate smoke rounds and fire them in a V pattern around the front of the AFV. No, it appears they come out of thin air, just as if they were using smoke dischargers (not fired from the gun). As I said earlier, I think I even seen one that only had only MG's do it too.

I don't think any of the '39 Gerry tanks have them, but that is the mistake of trusting the OOB's to tell you the real deal. Perhaps if I hit the smoke discharging key, whatever that one is (yes, I can easily find out, I just don't use them myself) it will go off for any vehicle that doesn't have them? Since I don't use them, or almost never do, their overuse in my case doesn't bother me, it's the enemy AI using them like they're going out of style when they shouldn't even be available, that is bothering me.
Old April 5th, 2007, 07:52 AM

BANNED USER

Ramm is on a distinguished road

Charles can u give us a screen shot or saved game so we can visual see what you are talking about? It shouldn't be to hard to recreat.
Old April 5th, 2007, 09:02 AM

Sergeant

Ramm: No need to. I was unaware that the 7TP is listed in those OOB's in more than one slot with the exact same name, despite the fact that they are armed differently. So for my checking for smoke dischargers I noticed the first one which had no sd's. There is another 7TP I see routinely in '39, but it's obviously different as it's some 7TP Wserzycy or something.

Most of the OOB's I am familair with is the Gerry stuff, and usually their tanks are equipped the same be they a police version or not, so I am a bit surprised to find two Polish tanks with same name, combined with their armanent being different, as well as one not having sd's. It is kind of odd too, because I don't think any of the Gerry '39 AFV's have sd's. To confuse matters more I am under the impression that if you right-click an enemy unit it doesn't show sd's, but I may be wrong on that count too, as I could had always clicked an MG-only 7TP when I did it, though I could have swore that every one in that game had main guns and not MG's.

I don't care whether I can see a tank has sd's or not while playing them, because if I go through the OOB's thoroughly enough I will be able to find sd's if they have them.
Old April 5th, 2007, 09:20 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,872 Times in 1,220 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

This thread ("7TP Bug?") in the TO&E forum already covers the item (and concludes that there should be no S/D in early Polish tanks).

In future - if you have an equipment question, then please address it in its own thread and in the TO&E sub-forum, rather than drifting from the original thread (which in this case was about retreaters failing morale tests). This makes it much easier to find the thing again in the future, should it need re-reading for reference (e.g. when working through OOB mods for the next release etc.).

Cheers
Andy
Old April 5th, 2007, 09:59 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,510 Times in 2,719 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Charles22 said:
So any ideas about the very early Polish tankettes being laden with smoke dischargers? They are at least in the 7TP's case. The OOB's show nothing of the sort, and neither does the in-game right-clicking of the unit.

In case you don't understand what I'm saying, I wouldn't expect that the AI would take three separate smoke rounds and fire them in a V pattern around the front of the AFV. No, it appears they come out of thin air, just as if they were using smoke dischargers (not fired from the gun). As I said earlier, I think I even seen one that only had only MG's do it too.

I don't think any of the '39 Gerry tanks have them, but that is the mistake of trusting the OOB's to tell you the real deal. Perhaps if I hit the smoke discharging key, whatever that one is (yes, I can easily find out, I just don't use them myself) it will go off for any vehicle that doesn't have them? Since I don't use them, or almost never do, their overuse in my case doesn't bother me, it's the enemy AI using them like they're going out of style when they shouldn't even be available, that is bothering me.

As Andy noted this topic should NEVER have been included in this thread. However, now it is and I have no way to move it without moving everything. The issue will be dealt with. The "additions" came from an outside contributor and I missed that they had been added when I added them to the OOB. Had I noticed they would have been removed. There are only 5 pre 1940 Polish tanks with smoke dischargers.

here's the list

NationID NationName name Unitclass slot yearavailable smokedischargers
2 Poland 7TP wczesny 13 451 26 1
2 Poland 7TP 13 459 38 2
2 Poland 9TP 13 466 39 2
2 Poland 10TP 30 557 38 1
2 Poland 14TP 30 558 39 1

When I get time, I'll fix them and issue a correction. For now, live with it. It's a very minor issue. They are NOT "laden" with them.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..
Old April 5th, 2007, 11:04 AM

BANNED USER

Ramm is on a distinguished road

lol I think he was offended when the tanks were said to be laden with smoke discharges.
Old April 6th, 2007, 12:55 AM

Sergeant

Quote:
DRG said:
Quote:
Charles22 said:

As Andy noted this topic should NEVER have been included in this thread. However, now it is and I have no way to move it without moving everything. The issue will be dealt with. The "additions" came from an outside contributor and I missed that they had been added when I added them to the OOB. Had I noticed they would have been removed. There are only 5 pre 1940 Polish tanks with smoke dischargers.

here's the list

NationID NationName name Unitclass slot yearavailable smokedischargers
2 Poland 7TP wczesny 13 451 26 1
2 Poland 7TP 13 459 38 2
2 Poland 9TP 13 466 39 2
2 Poland 10TP 30 557 38 1
2 Poland 14TP 30 558 39 1

When I get time, I'll fix them and issue a correction. For now, live with it. It's a very minor issue. They are NOT "laden" with them.

Don
Firstly, I hesitate to start a new thread because of my treatment elsewhere when doing such a thing and it was only a minor point (sd's that is), besides, I did start this thread did I not? I can see your troubleshooting point however. Secondly, though I touched on this being an irregularity I did not conclude it was a bug. Thirdly, if you have 9 or 10 of those things going off, when you not only do not have them yourself, but that the other side probably should not either, it is a bit laden. Despite ANY of my SP experience in the past, this is the most I had ever been hit by sd activity irrespective of the time period, so perhaps you could understand it under that context.