.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old October 7th, 2003, 08:37 PM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noob questions!

Quote:
Originally posted by Pocus:
just an added note, if you liked in your youth those surprise boxes which had half a dozen unknown toys, then choose luck +3 (and some disorder scale).
You wil get interesting random events, like mines which will boost permanently gold and resource productions (well mostly gold) in the province targeted by the event.
Even more fun: take disorder 3 and misfortune 3. You will now be able to see your empire crumble without the intervention of nasty enemies. You can do it all by yourself. There are more bad events than good ones so if you like diversity I recommend this approach.
Old October 7th, 2003, 09:03 PM

BANNED USER

Mortifer is on a distinguished road

Dominions is very unique and lot more complicated than the usual strategy games, so you can choose lot of different tactics to win.
Old October 7th, 2003, 09:51 PM

Sergeant

QuarianRex is on a distinguished road

I have a question about the deathmatches that occur every now and then. I sent a dusk elder into th first one which he subsequently won. Ever since, he has been automaticaly sent back whenever a new deathmatch occurs. Thus far he has won every time. My question is, am I supposed to be getting a reward for remaining champion?

I haven't recieved a prize since the first event (and even then it was a cursed trident). Do you only get the prize if you defeat the champion? Is the only prize that crumby cursed trident that gets passed on to each new champ?
Old October 7th, 2003, 09:54 PM

Lieutenant General

Nerfix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by QuarianRex:
I have a question about the deathmatches that occur every now and then. I sent a dusk elder into th first one which he subsequently won. Ever since, he has been automaticaly sent back whenever a new deathmatch occurs. Thus far he has won every time. My question is, am I supposed to be getting a reward for remaining champion?

I haven't recieved a prize since the first event (and even then it was a cursed trident). Do you only get the prize if you defeat the champion? Is the only prize that crumby cursed trident that gets passed on to each new champ?
Yup, that crumby cursed trident and a exp boost if i remember correctly.

"Boobs are OK. Just not for Nerfix [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Smile.gif[/img] ."
- Kristoffer O.
Old October 7th, 2003, 10:00 PM

Captain

johan osterman is on a distinguished road

Quote:

It's supposed to be a wandering trophy, like a those ugly buckets passed around in sport circuits, so since he keeps winning he just keeps the trophy. The champ has to defend his title. The arena has allways generated a suprising amount of complaints and suggestions compared to how small part it plays in the overall scheme of the game.

[ October 07, 2003, 21:00: Message edited by: johan osterman ]
Old October 7th, 2003, 10:11 PM

Lieutenant General

Nerfix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by johan osterman:
quote:

It's supposed to be a wandering trophy, like a those ugly buckets passed around in sport circuits, so since he keeps winning he just keeps the trophy. The champ has to defend his title. The arena has allways generated a suprising amount of complaints and suggestions compared to how small part it plays in the overall scheme of the game.
But i love the arena combat!
It's the best place to cast Curse, Seven Years Fever and Horror Mark! When i play an Astral nation i alwasy script the combatant to cast Curse and/or Horror Mark if he can cast those spells.

"Boobs are OK. Just not for Nerfix [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Smile.gif[/img] ."
- Kristoffer O.
Old October 7th, 2003, 10:30 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerfix:
It's the best place to cast Curse, Seven Years Fever and Horror Mark! When i play an Astral nation i alwasy script the combatant to cast Curse and/or Horror Mark if he can cast those spells.
I like to create cursed daggers, exploding amulets, and cursing shields as early as possible just to have them ready for the arenas.
I tend to send someone who isnt going to Last more than one combat anyway. Getting a chance to curse someones main leader or prophet or pretender is too good to pass up.

I also love to send mercenary commanders that have used up all their troops. I dont send the amulet then since sometimes those guys do real well. Either way I dont have to worry about the automatic return.

Personally I think they could do some tweaking on the arena thing.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old October 7th, 2003, 11:05 PM

Lieutenant General

Daynarr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerfix:
quote:
Originally posted by johan osterman:
quote:

Its also a good place to get blinded by Machaka (they start with that spell). Particularly bad idea is to send 500 gold worth Niefelheim Prophet and get blinded first turn by Machakan Sorceress. Talk about OUCH.
Old October 7th, 2003, 11:07 PM

BANNED USER

Mortifer is on a distinguished road

I love Arena combat, hopefully it will be even better in Doms II.
Old October 7th, 2003, 11:07 PM

Lieutenant General

Daynarr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Gandalf Parker:
I like to create cursed daggers, exploding amulets, and cursing shields as early as possible just to have them ready for the arenas.
I tend to send someone who isnt going to Last more than one combat anyway. Getting a chance to curse someones main leader or prophet or pretender is too good to pass up.

I also love to send mercenary commanders that have used up all their troops. I dont send the amulet then since sometimes those guys do real well. Either way I dont have to worry about the automatic return.

Personally I think they could do some tweaking on the arena thing.
Dude, you are EVIL.
Just plain EVIL.

Not that I'm any better ...

[ October 07, 2003, 22:08: Message edited by: Daynarr ]