The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 12th, 2000, 12:40 PM

Private

-Thog- is on a distinguished road
Default Finding major problems

Ok, been playing all day, and it seems like allot of the functions and features don't work as designed or described in the manual.

For example, playing in simultanious movement I cannot get either combat reports or into tactical combat itself. The "No tactical combat" is not set, and I find nothing else that would disable this function. Though a battle is fought (or so my log file says), the "Combat reply" option doesn't light up.

Ships destroyed in unstable wormwholes only show a message in the Log as "damaged", but they dissapear (indicating they are destroyed).

Telling a ship to load population and then move fails. The ship loads the population, then stops and erases it's movement.

Using the option to automatically send a colony ship to a potential colony world also fails. Sometimes the ship clears it's orders, other times it pickes the furthest colony ship to send.

All and all, it's pretty ugly. I've gone through the manuals and found no way to correct these issues. If I'm doing something wrong, then it would appear that the manuals and interface are poorly laid out. These options (those that have then) are set correctly but still failing.
This means it's about to become shelfware, which is a pity considering the potential.

Thog